Wayne Manor

Heart pounding with trepidation, little street rat Billy Batson sat beside Bruce Wayne, trillionaire businessman from Gotham, at the back of a ridiculously long limousine.

“Welcome to my ancestral home,” Bruce’s voice was a far cry from Batman’s gravelly growl. He used the higher end of his register as Bruce. In media interviews, he came across as a flippant airhead.

The massive iron gate creaked open revealing a ornate garden along one side of the road and a majestic waterfall and a mountain range along the other.
“Holy Moley!” Billy’s jaw dropped. “You live here?” His stomach clenched while his chest tightened.

“Relax, son.” The edges of Bruce’s eyes crinkled with his smile as his large hand covered Billy’s. His warm demeanor, a stark contrast from the grim façade that was the Dark Knight, eased the butterflies in Billy’s stomach.

“B-batman?” Billy stared at the fatherly man.

“Call me B. It’s easier,” he ruffled Billy’s hair affectionately.

“Okay, B,” Billy let out the breath he hadn’t realized he’d been holding.

After a fifteen minute drive, they arrived at the heavy mahogany door.

It creaked open revealing an elderly man dressed like a penguin, a beautiful woman with short black hair and cat-like eyes carrying a little girl, a preteen boy with black hair and blue eyes and an older teen, also with black hair and blue eyes.

The teen had his arm wrapped around a pretty redhead.

“Billy, meet my family,” B’s intimidating face broke into an affectionate smile

“Billy, meet my family,” B’s intimidating face broke into an affectionate smile. “Selena’s my wife, your new mom.”

A chill ran down Billy’s spine. That’s Batman? That’s my new mom? She looks a lot like the Gotham villainess Catwoman.

Selena and the little girl wore matching whips around their waists.

“Here honey,” the feline woman put her little girl down and hugged Billy.

“Momma!” the child tugged the woman’s skirt.

“Hush Helena, be nice to your new brother Billy,” Mommy Selena ruffled the little girl’s hair.

“But I don’t want a new brother,” Helena stomped her foot. “I already have to share you and Daddy with Dick, Babs and Tim!”

Selena’s face turned as red as Captain Marvel’s uniform. “Sorry dearie, she doesn’t mean it.” She scooped Helena in her arms, purring as she spirited off the feisty child.

“I. Mean. It!” Little Helena scowled at Billy, vanishing behind a pillar.

“I’m Dick,” the older teen gave Billy a side hug, his warm smile, sincere. He reminded Billy of Nightwing.

“I’m Babs,” the red haired girl bent over to shake Billy’s hand. Billy liked both of them. They seemed genuine.

“I’m Tim,” the preteen, closest to Billy’s age, eyed him with suspicion as he shook Billy’s hand. He looked a lot like Robin.