Asgard

Itty bitty little Billy craned his head, glaring directly above Thor's grinning brother as if staring at some giant of a monster.

Thor's stomach turned. "Don't!" The last thing he needed was...

"Shazam!" Too late. Lightning struck the tiny boy transforming him into the red-suited powerhouse.

Captain Marvel - Billy not Carol, planted his legs on the ground facing Loki. Lightning danced in his eyes, engulfing his hands.

Loki smirked.

Captain Marvel's eyes widened. Shocked. Too late.

Marvel unleashed lightning at Loki.
Before it could hit his "helpless, innocent" brother, an Einherjar leapt in the Asgardian Prince's defence, deflecting the lightning with his shield.
By right, the shield should have been incinerated. This was Loki's doing.

"Attacking a Prince of Asgard is an act of war," the Einherjar raised his sword at Marvel.

Marvel raised his hands in surrender, when lightning escaped his fingertips striking an Asgardian warrior.
"No! I didn't mean to." Marvel looked horrified.

"He's with me, as my guest, together with Diana," Thor stepped forward, willing the guards to back down.

"Guest? He attacked me unprovoked," Loki played the role of innocent victim to perfection. "If he's with you, you're a traitor."

Loki's honeyed voice sickened him.
"Guards, arrest my brother for betraying Asgard!"

Diana's lassoed Loki, but he vanished before her Lasso of Truth could touch him.

"See for yourself. My foolish brother's friends attacked me, a Prince of Asgard, thus declaring war," Loki appeared behind the guards.

--------

Captain Marvel looked through the bars of his prison. To avoid conflict escalating into all out war, he and Diana allowed the Einherjar to take them in. The prison couldn't hold them but diplomacy was key, Thor pleading their case being their best bet.

As Captain Marvel, he knew what happened and what next steps he'd have to take.

The out of control lightning wasn't his. It was faked by Loki. The warriors struck by it sustained mild burns. Loki is the god of mischief. The master of illusion, of misdirection. Billy fell into Loki's trap.

To break the curse and free Wizard and Hippolyta, Billy had to out-Loki Loki.

Diana sat in her cell fiddling with her lasso, biding time. She said to wait for Thor to sort it out but he knew that's what Loki would expect. He knew Diana didn't like his plan but she trusted Solomon's wisdom.

At the next change of shift, Captain Marvel whispered, "Shazam."

-------

Fandral the Dashing, one of Asgard's finest took over guard duty. It's been boring. No glory, no action of late for the Warriors Three. The most glamorous job they could offer was to guard Thor's guests.

Let's see. There's Wonder Woman, dressed in a costume patterned after the American flag.
Check.
Double take.
Ooh la la!

There's a huge, muscular lightning dude in red. This prisoner was the reason for his presence. He's immensely powerful and wields lightning.