Mermaid 🔥

(*this prompt made me go: 'no shit! Could've fooled me! Anyway this first one is smut cause fuck yes >:3'*)

Everything is still.

The fish go about their lives hiding from predators but then scatter as rapid movements and many colors above the reef go by.

Even more scatter as you dive into the reef  for shelter.

You quickly squeeze yourself into a cave made of strong coral and curl up in the corner of it that is opposite to the entrance.

Scratching, growls, and purrs of amusement come from outside.

You pant as you try to regulate your breathing and process what just happened over the last few minutes.

You where chasing a fish that you thought was adorable after finding three pretty shells in front of your den and storing them in your treasury (you kind of thought it was strange cause this happened right after returning from hunting near the trench but you didnt think much of it) and you hadn't realized you were near the trench until the fish turned around and swam over you.

Before you could swim after it you felt like you where being watched and you nervously looked around.

Eventually you turned to the abyss that the trench is, then gasp seeing your answer to why you had felt eyes.

Three pairs of eyes.

Blue, red, and orange.

You gasped and started to swim backwards when you heard a growl.

The three started to swim towards you which caused you to turn around and start to swim faster.

Very quickly one grabbed you by your tail and pulled you towards the three of them.

One reminded you of the sun, another reminded you of the moon, and the third reminded you of a solar eclipse. 

The one who grabbed you had those blue eyes, frills around their face, the spine thingies lionfish have all over them, and patterns all over that once again remind you of a lionfish

The second one was the one with red eyes. They remind you of the anglerfish that you would sometimes see your dad come back from hunting with. Towards the end of their tail they had silver star shapes.

The third had more frills around their face then the first, octopus tentacles that had orange at the end of them, and owned the orange eyes.

They loomed over you and you instantly knew that if this were a different situation, you would be doing anything for them.

You blushed a bit at that thought, not expecting that to be there when there's three predator mers right there!

The three had started to stare at you with what looked like awe and you took the opportunity to escape.

Thankfully you where able to get to this little cave that you would use to wait danger out whenever it came.

You watch as they try multiple things like using the moon like ones angler fish like lure, or poking their hands in to try to grab you but quickly stopped that plan for some reason, or the third one trying to squeeze in as well.

That had made you snort a bit, especially since you had already seen how big they where.

Sure, they where an octopus mer, but they are still huge.

You watch as they pace for a bit.

In the evening they finally gave up and retreated in the direction of the trench.