Beast hunter 🔥

You stare in shock at the picture.

Right there, in that picture is why you started training to be a cryptid hunter.

For years you have been hunting cryptids and all because of three.

And after so long, you finally got a report on them.

You had requested that if there were any celestial sea monster sightings, you'd receive the job.

You had been on a trip with the family when you first saw them.

Your sister dared you to go water-skiing and you somehow got yourself to do it.

It had been fun before something cut the rope and you fell under the water.

Something, or someone, grabbed your ankle which made your eyes shoot open from trying to keep the salty water out of your eyes.

You looked down and saw a huge grinning face with orange eyes and frills around their face.

You started to struggle but two more arrived, one being similar to the Sun, the other being similar to the Moon, and started to help the first one.

Your little brother who was almost thirteen at the time had ended up crying out your name and the three had paused and the grip on your ankle loosened.

You quickly kicked them again and swam back to shore as your life vest brought you up to above the water.

Your dad was already halfway over and the two of you swam to each other then he pulled you back to shore to where the rest of your family was.

You had then started trying to find out if cryptid hunters are a thing in less then legal ways which brought them to finding you then you training to be a cryptid hunter then of course becoming one.

You stare for a bit longer before quickly standing up from your bed and you quickly go to your closet full of supplies for cryptid hunting.

You grab out a whistle, invisible nets, ropes, and some jewelry then put them in a bag.

Mers love shiny things and if you set up a net trap with some trinkets inside, you should catch atleast one of those bastards.

You'll attach them to the net, and when any of them try to pull it off, the net will pull them up and out of the water where you can shoot them.

And if that doesn't work, you have your whistle.

You get into the driving seat of your trailer and start it up.

Time to go to Ohio...

Yay...

At least it's only four hours from here.

Let's turn on some music!

~○◇●◇○~

You look at the lake on a dock as wind blows in your face.

You rent a fishing boat and pay the captain named Foxy and his crew enough money to get him to not talk about whatever he sees and you tell him that if something happened to you, steer back to shore and don't look back.

You also asked him if he cared if he died and you got a shrug which caused you to snort.

You attach the net to the power block with bracelets and necklaces attached to the very bottom after shore is long gone.

After the net is dropped in, captain Foxy walks over to you.

🦊'So, what'cha lookin for mate.'

'Can't tell you. What I can say is restricted by my oath. You'll probably see why but I suggest you don't tell anyone. My community isn't too keen about these things being spread around more then they need to be.'