◇ Eleven - Kick me, Shoot Me. ◇

I didn't know much about kickboxing, but I remembered the few things I learned while I was getting in shape for the police academy

As the bell rang, Camille stepped forward, her fists raised, and her eyes fixed on me. I knew that I had to be careful, that one wrong move could spell disaster. Her body was a temple of muscles and pure raw determination. Her defenses impenetrable.

We began to circle each other, throwing quick jabs and feints to test each other's defenses. Camille was a skilled fighter, and I could tell she was sizing me up, looking for weaknesses to exploit.

But I was determined not to give her any openings. I blocked her punches with quick movements of my arms and countered with a series of kicks and jabs that landed squarely on her chest and stomach.

Camille grunted with each blow, but she didn't back down. We circled each other again, and she stared me down like a predator stalked its prey. She pressed forward, throwing punches and kicks with a ferocity that left me gasping for air when he kicked connected with my ribs cage. Her strikes were so fast I barely saw them, almost like I'd imagined them, but the sting sting I felt against my jaw and chest were evidence they were real.

I knew that I had to end this quickly before she could wear me down. I grunted, pushing myself forward and launching a powerful uppercut that caught her off guard, sending her stumbling backward.

But Camille wasn't finished yet. Almost like a flip of a switch, she quickly regained her footing and lunged forward with a flurry of punches that left me reeling.

As the crowd cheered and the noise of the fight filled the air, I knew that I had to dig deep if I was going to come out on top. I focused all my energy on the task at hand, blocking Camille's blows and waiting for the perfect opening. If she had weakness, I had to find it and fast.

A picture of my dads smiling face came to my mind, and anger boiled my blood.
She stepped back and rocked in place, looking at me with her cold, gray eyes. I took a deep inhale, ignoring the throbbing in my sides, and I launched a combination of punches fast and hard the same way she had with me. I moved as if I was going to kick her in the side, and she lowered her arms for a split second to block me. I quickly quicked higher up, delivering a powerful kick that landed squarely on Camille's jaw, sending her crashing to the mat.

The crowd fell silent as her body fell with a loud thump, and my heart fell to my stomach. I hadn't meant to go that far, I fucked up and I knew it. I remove my mouth guard and swallow hard.

The pony tail man approached the ring offering Camille a hand and she smacked his hand away violently and stood up. The air in the gym was suddenly so stiff it felt like all the oxygen had been sucked out of the room leaving me with the need to gasp for air.

The people around us seemed to hold their breath, but then they all quickly looked everywhere, anywhere else but at us hoping to escape her wrath. Camille strided toward me, and as we were face to face, I saw the red mark on her jaw from my kick with a tiny drop of blood at the corner of her mouth. Her eyes were filled with pure rage, making them look closer to black than their usual gray.