◇ Six- To Defeating Hercules ◇

I decided to start getting ready early

I decided to start getting ready early. I took what I liked to call, The Everything shower. Exfoliation, shaving my entire body, moisturizing, shampoo, conditioner, and deep conditioner. It always takes me like forty-five minutes to an hour to complete The Everything shower, but when I got out, I was shiny, smooth, and smelled like a tropical vacation desert.

If I was going to successfully seduce a powerful and dangerous millionaire, I would have to give it my all. I also found this process to be incredibly helpful for my nerves. After drying off with my fluffy cream towel, I wrapped it around my body and hopped up on the marble countertop, and squeezed lotion into my hands. I rubbed my hands together, warming the lotion, then massaged it into my legs, making sure my skin was soft and smooth. My phone personal phone chimed, letting me know a text had come through. I finished applying lotion to my other leg, and then I hopped down and padded my way across the tiled floor to my phone, sitting on the dresser in my walk-in closet attached to my bathroom.

The closet was almost as big as the master bedroom with an entire wall dedicated to jewelry. Of course, mine was empty except for a few things I brought with me before I went undercover. The dress Camille... gifted? Assigned? Let's just say she delivered to me and was hanging on a hanger all alone on the bar in the first closet space for gowns. I sighed and grabbed my phone, sitting on the chair in front of the make-up station.

It was a message from Jordan,

We can't get to know each other if you're not around, so be safe.

The message made me smile, and a warm feeling spread across my chest. Is this what it felt like? To have someone who wasn't your family to care about you and want you around? It was a nice feeling, to be wanted, and have someone worry about you. My mom was an only child, and so was her mom. My grandfather passed before I was born, and my grandmother followed shortly after. My dad's family consisted of Uncle Rodney, and that's it. Apparently, his side of the family didn't approve of their marriage and long since abandoned us, especially after I was born. We never needed anyone else. The three of us were happy with our little family, but sometimes I wished I had aunts and uncles to turn to or cousins to play with and get along with.

My dad turned to his partner and made him his best friend, his brother, his true partner on and off duty. I wanted that same relationship with Jordan and now that I knew he wanted that with me too I'm willing to climb over any social awkwardness if it meant being able to express myself and allow him to know the real me.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror. My hair was wet, and my bronzed olive skin seemed to glow thanks to The Everything shower. My amber eyes glowed with excitement and frazzled nerves. I took a deep breath and proceeded to blow dry my hair smoothly and then wrapped it in rollers.

I did a simple look with a smoked liner around my eyes and glossed lips. Once that was done, I put on my dress and smoothed the material over my body with my hands. It hugged my body perfectly without being too tight, and for a moment, I wondered how Camille figured out my size.