◇ Two - Know Thy Enemy ◇

A week has passed and I've never been so focused in my entire life

A week has passed and I've never been so focused in my entire life. Growing up I was enthralled by mystery books and puzzles. The satisfaction - euphoria even- that I felt from fitting two pieces together and having them fall into place was, indescribable. The day I arrived to find ten full boxes filled with information on the Pierce family to say I was elated was an understatement. Suspects, witnesses, dates, times, and evidence although it was never sufficient enough to put them behind bars. They were good I had to admit, they knew how to get the job done and get out quietly without leaving as much as a stray piece of lint behind.

Know thy enemy. Knowing your enemy better than you know yourself is most important because if you can think, sleep, and eat like them then, you can catch them. The chase was what interested me the most. The more impossible it seemed to pin them to a crime, the more I felt my blood rushing in my veins like the finest form of adrenaline. It was a high that once I fell into it was hard to get out. Not that I'd want to anyway.

I quickly came to the realization that Rodney had made a good point. A lot had changed in the twenty years I'd been gone.

On my evidence board I begin with the basics, the leadership of the Mob, also known as the Pierce Family. The Pierce family consisted of four members:

Leonard Pierce; King of Crime, the man that sat at the very top. His first appearance was in 1994 when a rich newcomer from England started buying out all the local businesses that happened to be drowning in debt. He overpaid for the sales of those businesses and took care of each seller for life. He built rapport and loyalty with the locals as the savior who did good deeds and put this city back on the map. A couple of years later the statistics for Methamphetamine related accidents and crimes skyrocketed. After further investigation, it was uncovered that a select few of the businesses that were now owned by Mr. Pierce were being used as distribution centers and money laundering. He was brought in for questioning and claimed he had nothing to do with it. Once he was released based on lack of evidence, suddenly multiple people came forward to talk, pinning it on some nobody who worked for Mr. Pierce.

When they went to make an arrest, the man had already jumped the Coastal City bridge leaving behind a note of confession to committing every crime, all behind Mr. Pierce's back. The case was closed and ever since somehow when something happened in this city Leonard's name just happens to come up, but he always had an alibi. He was very good at getting himself out of sticky situations no matter how convinced we were that he was behind it, the evidence was never enough. The man has ever since been torturing this city by manipulating its locals.

Cennedy Pierce; We don't know much about her other than the fact she was the mother of his children and wife to Leonard since they arrived in '94. Either she's really, really good at covering her tracks and not being seen, or she isn't really involved in the family business.

Camille Pierce: Daddy's little devil. Private school sweetheart and Oxford graduate. Since her return from Oxford, she's been a suspect in 8 different murders involving auto thefts, arson, and distribution of illegal military-grade weaponry. She was intelligent, beautiful, and without a doubt a Pierce.