Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Sakura found herself less lost by the minute. Madara had walked with her and told her what she needed to know. The limits of the camp; the places she should not venture to; to stay in the near vicinity of his own tent.

That one was a little confusing.

But she felt calm, even as those watchful eyes fell on both of them. He did not show any dislike, a few nods of respect would be directed to him by men and women wearing similar clothing to his. Even if the respect faded as they glanced at her.

The others who dressed in other colours and had slightly different features just looked elsewhere whenever he would turn to them. Usually right after they glanced at her.

She really stood out like a sore thumb...

Sadly, her hand lost the grip on his sleeve as he was fetched by another man who looked like a younger version of himself. - "I'll be back. Stay here." - he told her with a heavy sigh.

So, she did.

The pinket stood there, staring at anything and everything over and over. Unable to keep her mind quiet, when she thought about one thing, her mind jumped to the next. Questions floating everywhere and anywhere over and over.

What time of day was it? What season?

Trivial things for trivial matters for normal people. But she started to realise how not normal she felt.

We all need a sense of normalcy to connect us to anything in this world, whether or not we like the word "normal" or we don't.

it helps to understand whatever is going on is normal, it has happened before, you aren't alone in this.

But she was. Why?

She could not answer, just feel it.

Other than that, everything was another day in the world of these men and woman around her. They all worked in sync as some packed, unpacked and moved around camp; others arranged and took care of weapons and supplies; and then there was those on guard.

For what? Or for whom?

To keep her safe or to keep her in?

More questions she could not answer... but her stomach did answer one question for her. The rumble in her stomach echoed around her as it caught the attention of some clansmen.

After a few seconds, and a few narrowed stared. They all seemed to notice she was not growling... she was just hungry.

- "When was the las time you ate?" - turning to the approaching voice, the pinket felt more frustrated with the fact she could not answer another question, time was slipping from her hands as she had no way to tell...

A few hours?

Minutes?

Her eyes could not meet the taller woman who approached her. Only answering with a shrug.

Her clothing was similar to hers, those same embroidered long sleeves with a high collar. Armour of leather and metal blending in with the dark brown of the shirt and trousers. Her boots gave her more protection than the small sandals the pinket sported for the time being.

- "Do you even talk?" - the annoyed woman huffed in frustration, surprising the pinket with her tone. Had she insulted the woman? - "Do I have to fetch someone higher in rank for you to speak?" -

The pinket blinked her surprise away and shook her head in denial. - "No, I-" -

Brown eyes rolled in annoyance as she brushed her long brown braid behind her shoulder. - "Save it." - her chin jerked to the side. - "Get on the queue over there and full that noisy stomach of yours." - with that, her heels turned and the pinket was left dumbfounded.