Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Before she could even follow the grumpy Uchiha, both Senju men had her promise she would not judge them too quickly. To give them time and the benefit of the doubt about their intentions to keep her safe.

But she wanted to know more. What is out there? Why can't she see it for herself? Why does she have to wear a huge dark coat that swallows her entire body while they get on the move the very next day.

Tired of asking and getting no answers and weird looks from the other men and women around her, the pinket decided to enjoy the small glimpse of freedom she got from the vast forested area. Tall trees with heavy branches that intertwined with the various vines, bushes and greenery growing from all angles.

The path was barely one at all, rocks and patches of dirt that seemed to be used more by four-legged creatures than two-legged. Moss as slippery as water covered almost every inch and up the trees. At least she was grateful for the footwear they provided; the thicker garments protected her from the misty morning before the sun raised high enough to give any warm comfort for the day.

Even her thoughts drifted as they continued forward. The quiet forest slowly waking up with the chirping of birds and a few footsteps, most from her. Senju and Uchiha had taken the precautions to travel with separation between each other as they circled her into a protective barrier.

From what?

Another question she longed for an answer.

Regardless, one thing was for sure. These men respected the four men who kept her close and watched her constantly. A glance here and there, small brushes of their canteen near her coat for her to take and a nod if she ever stared too long. Mostly asking for a snack to munch on or to what direction they would turn to.

Soon enough, that question she constantly wondered finally showed some answers... by a sudden stop of the men around her. Almost crashing into the closest armour covered frame, she pinket held her breath, afraid to slip on the mossy ground.

A hart beat per second in her chest as her eyes searched around the various greens, browns, dark blue from both the same forest and those uniforms they used to protect themselves and blend in with the environment.

The faint echo of a branch creaking caught her attention, to her far left there was a darker figure moving ever so slightly. Her squinting eyes could barely make out the human figure before the men around her tensed and reached for those weapons that made her nervous.

As if on cue, various sounds echoed around the forest and zeroed around the group. Clash of metals, grunts and body slams had her turning at all directions. The men around her moving to defend and not attack as some fast figures in dark green robes jumped from the branches above and threw small round object to the ground.

Some strange and thick fog staring to spread around the small pinket. In a panic she held to a gasp and covered her mouth and nose with both hands. Green eyes squinting as they burned from whatever this fog was. Quickly she was surrounded by that thick curtain and lost sight of everyone who she saw a few moments ago.

If she shouted, her location would be discovered by those attacking and those defending... she could run.

Her momentary confusion jumped to a flight or fight instinct as thick chains flew right past her side and landed with a claw gripping to the ground. She turned the opposite way only to be pushed back by another thick chain with that huge metal claw crashing on the tree in front, splinting and cracking the wood.

She did not want to be caught by that destructive claw...

Ducking under the chain and scrambling behind the thick and damaged trunk, the pinket held herself close to the ground while holding her breath with both hands.