Chapter 18

Chapter 18

There were no words he could think of at this point. This was the first time he felt completely lost in his own specialty in a long time.

Scouting and finding people were his best traits, he could pick a scent from anyone once he met them or got close enough. Unfortunately, he did not hold any item she had kept with her when he noticed her absence. The yapping blonde and moody Uchiha would never distract him from any target.

However, this target was rather, unique?

Her scent was like flowers. A cool breeze brushed through them when he walked her to the park, her scent just blended in with nature like a chameleon and it irritated him. He was no botanist or even well versed in these kinds of scents. Kakashi Hatake was used to dirt, sweat, blood and any weird gunk his targets would hold on to their clothes. Sometimes, perfumes would hide part of their natural stink but never erase it.

She just smelled like a freaking garden.

And he was surrounded by various versions of nature in town. His hound would grumble and complain over and over. – "Are you sure she is even real? The chair just smells like a bouquet." – he should have placed a leash on her. – "You should get checked by the doctor. You know, that mental health one." – his furry companion mocked.

Naruto just scratched his head and kept staring at every person. – "She just... disappeared. I'm telling you, she was there and then... not?" – he kept mumbling, his eyes scanning and the gears twisting. They felt her there, she was quiet but present.

Then, she wasn't.

He wondered for a second if the ground ate her. He had seen that before, by his own hand. – "Let's just stop stalling and separate." – grumbled the young Uchiha. – "I don't see anything." – he thought someone had helped her or made her disappear.

Not a single speck of evidence to support that thought. He knew for a fact they would be watched by at least one clan member for each of those nosy men. A chill ran down his back.

They would know before he could find her.

His day was turning sour by the minute, after such a nice start. Obito needed her – and many more.

His hands clapped loudly to catch his teams attention. – "Naruto, we'll take the ground level. Her scent is not going to be easy to find, just keep searching for a head of pink." – once everyone was clear on the new mission, they head out.

He knew Sasuke would be better on higher ground with a wider range of sight. The blonde was better at asking around and frantically searching. Most would become alarmed, and word would spread as his charm would cause the community to help him. Lucky. This town would never turn their back on him and those bright and hopeful eyes of his.

In other situations, he would emphasize on the quiet approach – much to the blonds displeasure - But that went out the window as he noticed a certain pair of dark orbs. He sighed loudly and stretched for a few moments. Mocking those followers.

All hands on deck until the pinket is found – hopefully safe and unharmed.

He didn't bother to notify anyone, they should know by now. His earpiece caught his attention. – "No sightings in the park. I am heading out." – the channels kept them in communication as long as they actually communicated.

He waited a few moments. – "Sasuke?" – A grumbled "what" echoed with static. – "I don't see anything." – he concluded on the line after a few moments.

Kakashi had noticed the mood change on him once he approached the duo and continue to darken as she disappeared. It made him wonder. How many people had seen and known what she was could do?