Release and Adoption

Rocket sits there handcuffed to the chair in an office so she won't escape. She was in a juvie/foster home because of her rap sheet and she's an orphan in a little town in New Jersey called Wiskayok. She's wearing an orange jumpsuit. She is a cybernetic super soldier genetically altered raccoon. She has the features that are typical of a raccoon. Her fur is brown, white, and black. She has blue eyes. She is four feet and weighs thirty pounds.

In the next chair sits a beautiful human seventeen-year-old girl with dark blonde hair that is down and tie with a yellow bow and hazel eyes. She's 5'3 feet and one hundred and ten pounds. She is wearing a yellow and blue soccer uniform that she came there after a pep rally and a Yellowjacket painted on one of her tanned cheeks. She had already filled out the release form for Rocket to be released from Juvie. Her name is Jackie Taylor.

Seven months ago, when Rocket first saw Jackie she suddenly saw Jackie holding her like she was a baby, being gentle towards her, and smiling lovingly at her.

Rocket snaps out of it thought to herself, "You're deluding yourself there is no way she wants you. You're damaged goods."

Jackie came towards her and suddenly Rocket feels so shy, a feeling she had never felt before. An older woman with white hair down to her shoulders with glasses introduced them to each other.

Jackie immediately fell in love with Rocket that she wants to adopt her. She fills out a self-assessment, went to meetings, filled out the adoption papers, visited Rocket to get to know her as the best Jackie can, did the training, pass the home study, and did the placement (Rocket spent a month with Jackie). Jackie had Rocket being schooled because she is going to enroll Rocket at her high school: Wiskayok High School. Jackie was astonished at how smart Rocket is.

Finally, Jackie can take Rocket home with her after the legal procedures because of Rocket's rap sheet which shocks Jackie of how long Rocket's rap sheet is and to finalize the adoption.

The man behind the desk in the office with a nameplate: Mr. Alan Haskell. He is a bald black man that is 5'6 and weighs 140 IBs. He wears a suit and tie.

Mr. Haskell said, "Miss Taylor congratulations on adopting Rocket."

Jackie said, "Please call me Jackie, and thank you."

Rocket said, "Hey Mr. Clean when do I get out of this joint?"

Mr. Haskell said, "Can you please stop with the names? You're getting out today and thank goodness for that. If I see you here again I'll put you in adult jail that is maximum security as a recommendation."

Rocket said, "Aww and I thought we had something between us, Captain Picard."

Jackie said, "Don't worry Rocket will stay out of trouble I promise."

Rocket looked at her and Jackie smiled at her. Rocket then feels flush and turns her head to Mr. Haskell.

Mr. Haskell said, "I hope so. Hopefully, you know about Rocket's rap sheet."

Jackie said, "They didn't talk about it except that is a long one, but I'll like to know so I can help Rocket behave herself."

Rocket starts to laugh and said, "Good luck with that. Aww, that is sweet of you bald eagle to tell her all my dirty secrets."

Jackie said, "Please continue Mr. Haskell."

Mr. Haskell said, "Let's see six counts of multiple incarceration escapes, 3 counts of arson, 11 counts of theft, 9 counts of carjacking, 5 counts of selling contraband, 20 counts of illegal use of weapons, 21 counts of illegal arms trafficking, 4 counts of breaking ins, and 40 counts of assault and battery. She is a danger and a menace to the public."

Rocket said, "And I'll do it again too."

Jackie was surprised at how many charges Rocket has and said, "I will make sure that she's a good little girl. I'm going to sign Rocket up for some community services during the summer which I will be doing also."

Rocket said, "Hold up Goldilocks what do you mean by that? What are you, my mother?"

Jackie said, "Yes I am your mother."

Rocket was finally released and went home with Jackie.