Rocket's New Forever Home

When they arrived home, Jackie showed Rocket her new room. Rocket looked around and saw a red fabric loveseat sofa, a TV with a Blu-ray/DVD player on an oak cabinet with three Blu-rays, an oak desk and chair near a window, oak shelves with toys on them, and an oak bookshelf with some books on it. She also noticed a full-size bed with blue sheets, pillowcases, and a bedspread.

Rocket went to the bookshelf and saw Starship Troopers, Dune, Stephen King's The Mist, The Outsiders, and Jurassic Park. She also saw an iPad on the bookshelf.

Jackie said, "I noticed you reading these books every time I visited, so I got them for you. The books are yours."

Rocket responded, "Um, thanks."

Rocket went to the wooden shelves and saw Legos, a car with a remote control, K'nex, the mousetrap game, a toolkit, rock'em sock'em robots, and an armatron.

Jackie opened the closet and showed Rocket some clothes.

Jackie said, "I got you some clothes, but I didn't know what you like to wear. So I think we should go shopping tomorrow."

Jackie went to another door and opened it to reveal another room.

Jackie said, "You and I are next to each other if you need anything. We will be sharing a bathroom, and I got you some toiletries. So, what do you think?"

Rocket didn't say anything at first, but she was surprised that her room was livable and clean, unlike what she was used to living in, which was squalor in a cell.

Rocket thought, "Why is she doing all of this?"

Rocket finally asked, "Is all of this for me?"

Jackie looked shocked and said, "Yes, of course it is. I'm going to let you get situated."

Jackie left the room but left the door open. Rocket stood there unsure what to do.

Rocket thought, "She did all this for me."

Jackie checked on Rocket from time to time, but Rocket was still standing in the same spot where she left her.

Jackie thought, "Why is Rocket just standing there? Why did she ask me that? Poor thing, something bad must have happened to her."

Jackie said, "Rocket, it's dinner time."

They ate dinner and then went to bed. That night, Rocket decided to sleep on the floor because she was used to sleeping on the floor. She had never had a bed before, and she was scared to get in it, thinking she was not allowed to.