30- there you go

irl & instagram!

"YOU'RE MY FRIEND," penelope affirmed as she let theo in.

"i'm your friend," he nodded, looking around her apartment.

the plan was simple: let crew warm up to theo before introducing him as his father.

"mummy! look what i-" their son's voice stopped at the sight of his father—though, he didn't know that.

"who are you?" his eyes narrowed

theo ignored how penelope was trying not to laugh, "i'm theo. your mother and i went to school together."

"really?" he looked between the two of them.

"really," theo affirmed. penelope thought he was rather calm for someone meeting their con for the first time.

"now what did you have to show me, love?" she scooped in him her arms and carried him into the living room.

"oh!" his whole face lit up, "my drawing!"

"hmmm, let's see," she settled on the couch.

"and what is it meant to be?" theo tilted his head, trying to make something of the drawing.

"our family," crew clarified, "see. you and me and daddy." he pointed out each blob carefully.

"daddy?" theo asked.

crew nodded, "he works in 'merica, but he sends me post cards sometimes. they're on the fridge, i'll show you."

penelope tried to ignore the way theo was looking at her, "you did a very good job, love. do you want to go get the book so we can put it in?"

he stumbled off her lap and out of the room, leaving his parents in an awkward silence.

"i send postcards?" he tried to joke it off. but all he got was uncomfortable shuffling.

"hannah abbot travels a lot for work. she sends me blank postcards sometimes and i write notes for him."

"oh."

"yeah."

they sat in tense silence until crew came back. he slammed the book on the couch and roughly flipped the pages until he found a blank one. he looked up at penelope expectantly, but all she did was raise a brow.

he slumped his shoulders, "will you put it in?" at her silence he continued, "please?"

"there you go," she grinned and spelled the page in. "it looks exquisite, love."

"come, theo, postcards."

♛♛♛

pennylupinblack posted

liked by user713, tnott, lilyp, and others

pennylupinblack i let him stir the pancake batter once and he thinks he's a chef

comments
user AYO

user1 are we just launching the whole family at the point

user2 i'm getting whiplash

potterharry he fucked up my kitchen
pennylupinblack yet he doesn't want to be a chef

user3 are we not gonna talk about this
pennylupinblack seems like everybody is

user4 brb going to take a bath with my toaster

user5 little suspicious theo followed her recently and like this picture
user6 LITERALLY WHAT I THOUGH

dmalfoy he wants to be a prostitute
pennylupinblack honestly, i don't know where he learned that
dmalfoy your dad

daphnezabini he looks so grown
user7 i wonder why
user8 not likes he's 5 or anything

h.granger the fact that i wasn't asked to go to the beach is blasphemous
pennylupinblack oops
lavbrown you should take us shopping to make up for it

view all comments

♛♛♛

c speaks!

i hate narrative...i'll keep writing it but i still hate it

:))