Chapter 33

After Lin Xinghe handed over the task to Leiting, she prepared to leave the room with Xiao Xue Ji.

She said, "I'm going to find Ling Xiran."

Fu Zhou said, "Go find her. I have some words to exchange with Leiting first, and Ill catch up to you later. Is it ok for you to go by yourself?"

Lin Xinghe said, "The ligui outside have pretty much all been captured, and I have nothing to be afraid of when I meet them..."

Fu Zhou remembered Lin Xinghe's amazing 100% dodging buff when they were in the bridge and said, "Okay, then you go first..." However, before he finished speaking, an inexplicable worry filled his heart.

He turned his head to look at Leiting with a blank expression.

Leiting swayed in place.

Fu Zhou:

However, if his cub was worried, Fu Zhou had no choice but to change his mind and said, "I actually have nothing to say to it, so I will accompany you to find Ling Xiran."

Leiting nodded frantically, and covertly glanced at Xiao Xue Ji, as if he wereafraid of being discovered. He would take a glance quickly and hurriedly retract his gaze, swaying his body as if nothing had happened.

Fu Zhou: ...There is a stupid comment that I don't know if I should even bother saying.

Fu Zhou didn't want to watch Leiting embarrass himself anymore and left with Lin Xinghe.

When the door closed, Lin Xinghe saw Ling Xiran.

Her head drooped and she hovered quietly by the wall. Her body was much more transparent than the ligui— a wisp of barely-there blue, liable to dissipate at any time.

Lin Xinghe whisper-shouted, "Ling Xiran?"

Ling Xiran raised her head and looked at Lin Xinghe faintly.

Lin Xinghe originally wanted to tell her that she could have been saved if she had waited just a little longer. But looking at her, she felt that the words were too hurtful.

She changed her mind and said, "I put your body in this room, and when the boat docks, I'll send your body back..." She paused, thinking about the structure of the test, the ship would dock at the end of the test, so it would be impossible for her to arrange to send Ling Xiran back then. She continued, "Or when the ligui are almost cleaned up and there is no more threat, I will arrange for your transportation."

Ling Xiran finally opened her mouth and whispered, "Thank you."

Lin Xinghe had a general understanding of what kind of personality the girl in front of her had, and with a heart-to-heart smile, she said, "Lets find a place to talk?"

Ling Xiran looked at her sadly and stuttered: "I... I'm useless, I can't do anything, I'm the weakest ghost ever... I can't even avenge myself, I... I have nothing to help you with."

Lin Xinghe said, "Sister, don't look down on yourself. Everyone has infinite potential—you may not have tapped your hidden potential yet. Come on, let's sit down and have a good chat..."

Lin Xinghe wanted to go to tug at Ling Xiran but stopped, realizing that she couldnt touch the ghost. Lin Xinghe reentered the room they had been in.

Fu Zhou went in with her.

As soon as Ling Xiran entered the room, she saw her body and a huge green snake beside it.

The green snake seemed to have some spiritual cultivation. It looked fierce, but it was obedient and cute at the moment. It even revealed a little bit of naivete and swayed its snake body happily.