4, "Mental is what you are honey."

MR & MRS HAITANI

CHAPTER FOUR

NOW STANDING IN THE DOORWAY WITH THE MANY COLLEAGUES OF your husband next, behind, or infront of you. It was a tense situation you had found yourself in, ran had been avoiding your eyes ever since you had excused yourself to the bathroom. Sanzu on the other hand had hogged your attention, wanting to know everything about you.

Asking questions like, Where did you two meet?, where are you from?, where did you go to school?, where you married before this?

It had been hard keeping up your image infront of these men. Sanzu had somehow seen trough you, and he knew more than he should. He had to be taken care of. Ran who was avoiding you still was also getting to know a bit too much. You could see it the way he glanced towards your sleeves where you had hidden the knife.

Ran was your husband yes, but he couldn't know who you really where. You loved him, yes, but you had given your heart to this line of work and him identifying you, could leed to your own death, as the rule followed. Identification means death. A rule made by the bossy white men of your agency. They wanted to avoid being caught and would kill their hitmen for their own safety. But you would do anything to keep him save, and you loved him.

You where high up the work ladder but that didn't matter to them, as far as they cared you where just a girl doing all their dirty tasks. No respect was involved even if they made it seem like so.

As the men left, ran had turned around back to the kitchen pouring himself a long deserved drink. He had seen you hide that knife jnder your sleeve and the way you responded to Sanzu's questions raised suspicions inside him. He loved you, you where his wife and yet if he really tought about it he knew nothing about you.

He sighed as he decided to sit down in the lounge chair by the window as he saw you cleaning the table of in the corner of his eyes, a soft piano playing from the tv. He kept looking at you and how you acted, how you grabbed those knifes as if you had worked with those for years when in reality he bought those a few months ago. The way you walked on your heels as if they where normal shoes and the way you showed no vulnerability even when being distracted.

All this enraged him knowing you where keeping a large secret from him, but wasn't he lying to you too? About his line of work, about him being a murderer? About his past, his family and his real goal.

He set the glass down and walked up to you, grabbing your front waist from behind as he leaned down to kiss the side of your neck, you sighed softly.

"You've been avoiding me, why?"

You asked him as the piano sounds intensified and you raised your hands to lean on his, you shrugged your neck to the side to give him more access but he didn't continue on instead he let go of you.

He sat down on the chair again and you walked behind him, he had his hands on his knees playing around with your wedding ring.

"How'd you notice?" He asked and he looked you in the eye with something else in it. Knowing that you where lying about something.

"I'm your wife. I'm supposed to notice." He led out a soft chuckle.

"Yeah, you are... I want to make a suggestion, a weird one and please don't get angry about it. "