chapter five

chapter five.

john moaned as he woke up, his eyes were still closed but he was able to hear the steady beeping of what he could only assume was a heart rate monitor.

Opening his eyes, john saw marlena curled up in the most awkward position in the chair by the bedside.

marlena, johm said as his voice scratchy and his throat sore.

marlena jerked awake as she breath in a sigh of relief when she noticed that john was awake

john, how are you feeling?, marlena asked him as she shifting her position so that she was sitting on the edge of his bed.

"I hurt, john said as he  closing his eyes as he groaned while he felt his side with the bandages.

The doctors said you would, marlena told john as she put a hand to his forehead to feel for a fever.

Looks like the fever broke, marlena told him.

The two leaned in to kiss each other, but unfortunately, their moment was interrupted by a nurse walking in to take john's vitals and report back to the doctor that he was awake.

marlena sighed as she had to pull away from john so that the overly bubbly nurse could work.

"That's why I hate hospitals, john said once the nurse walked out.

"I second that, marlena agreed as she sat back down on the edge of the bed.

"Now where were we?, marlena  said, a seductive smile on her lips.

"Right here whispered john as he leaned up to marlena  and the two shared an intense and passionate kiss.

Of course, the two were interrupted, this time by the doctor

"Sorry to interrupt, but I to need to look at the wound and make sure it's healing properly.

The infection has been all taken care of You're just going to feel a little weak and out of it for the next few days.

the doctor said to john as he adjusted some of the monitors before sitting down in the stool next to him.

the doctor gingerly pulled back the blankets so that john's chest was uncovered and se pulled the hospital gown up enough so that he could get to the wound.

john turned on his side to face marlena so that thr doctor could get to the bullet wound easier.

the doctor peeled off the bandage and looked at the extra hole in john.

the doctor cleaned the wound again and then rebandaged it before he left the room.

"I'll be back in a little bit, marlena told john.

"Where are you going?, john asked as he not wanting her to leave his side for even a minute.

"I'm going to get you something to eat from the pub, the hospital food is barely food, and I am taking care of you And that includes not letting you eat gunk, marlena told john.

"Hurry back, john  said reluctantly.

The truth was, john would have eaten hospital gunk if it meant never having marlena leave his side, But he knew that she would never go for that,