Punishment

(Should I act in this way, god only knows, I told them to much too fast and their not ready for everything. I should stop pretending that everything is okay when obviously it's not)

"I'm fine, I suppose I just relieved some of my memories from before." I say before getting up from the ground in a slow peace.

"Mom, do you need more blood your looking too pale right now" Lizzie told me , the worry in her voice actually noticeable this time around.

"No, don't go around offering blood to vampires you stupid girl, that will get you killed one day for sure!" I say with a puff of hot air from my nose.

She should never offer blood so easily.

"I do have a question though" Said a very curious Mitsuba.

"Do tell me, I have been answering questions for the past 10 hours, I can do it for a little longer I suppose." My tone came out a little harsher than I thought it would be.

"Sorry, but the name Shinoa called you was the reason you collapsed?" Said the short (angry) blonde while sitting next to me.

I look in shook, did it really affect me that much , such a simple name. I look around spacing out for a while.

"I guess I really was that reason, It was one of the tittles I got when I was still a human, so many years ago, I met a man who was supposed to be wanted for crimes that he did not commit, so as the princess of a human kingdom, that was my job to protect my people and to bring justice and yet I somehow failed to do so" I said while staring holes into the damaged ground below me.

After a few moments of silence, Mira stood up and looked at the group. "It's getting late. We should get some rest," she said, her voice softening. "I'll take the first watch."

As the night grew darker, the cool breeze of the evening enveloped them, and they all drifted into a deep slumber. Mira watched over them, ensuring their safety as they slept outside.

As she gazed at them, a wave of emotions flooded her mind. She remembered the first time she met them, how she had to fight tooth and nail to protect them. And yet, here they were, all grown up and strong enough to fight their own battles.

But despite their strength, she couldn't help but worry. The world was a dangerous place, especially for those who were not fully human. The first progenitor had become a demon, and who knows what other threats lay ahead.

Mira shook her head, pushing the negative thoughts aside. She had to believe in their strength and their ability to overcome any challenge that came their way. They were not children anymore, and she couldn't keep treating them as such.

With a deep sigh, she continued to watch over them, silently praying for their safety and the strength to face whatever the future held. The night was long, but Mira was determined to stay awake and keep them safe, no matter what.

The next morning, the sun had just risen, casting a warm golden glow over the land. As the group slowly stirred awake, Mira got up from her spot near the tree and stretched her wings.

"Good morning," she said softly, not wanting to startle anyone.

The others groggily rubbed their eyes and sat up, yawning and stretching. They looked a little disheveled from sleeping outside, but their spirits seemed a little brighter than the night before.

"How did you sleep?" Mira asked, looking at each of them in turn.

"I slept surprisingly well, considering we were outside," Mitsuba said, stretching her arms above her head.