chapter 28

We see the bright sun shining down on the city of Green Hill, where we shift to a shopping mall. Let's take a look inside. We see y/n and a very annoyed Gaz Membrane walking down the center, passing the various shops and people. Gaz had her arms grossed as she looked over to her brother.

Gaz: (groans) Why did I have to come here? I'm better off at home!

Y/n: Because your dad wants you to actually get out of the house for once.

Gaz: and the mall was the best place you could think of?

Y/n:.............yes............besides!  There are some sneakers I pre-bought, so bringing you with me is killing two birds with one stone! I take you out like your dad wanted, and I get to buy my stuff! It's a win-win!

Gaz: (scoffs) for you guys!

Gaz pouted and looked away.

Y/n:oh come!  Don't be that way! Your dad just wants you to get out there, you know!

Gaz: But that's the problem! I don't like to get out there! You two should know that by now! Besides, what about Dib?! He's got to stay!

Y/n: Dib went out to hang out with his friend Dipper, so that counts as going outside. You! On the other hand, you would just stay cooped up in your room the whole day! We just want you to do something else that doesn't involve you being on your game the whole day.

Gaz:hmph!Whatever......

Gaz merely looked to the side with her arms crossed.

Y/n: (sighs) Listen. What if I buy you a game? Any game you want, all you have to do is choose some stores and try to look around. How does that sound? At least try. Please

Gaz looked back at the boy to see him with a pleading face she would only sigh and agree.

Gaz:Fine, but stop looking at me like that. I can't stand that face!

Y/n's mood quickly changed into a happy one as he gave her a big, toothy smile.

Y/n:I knew you would come around! Come on, let's go to the shoe store first!

Gaz:yeah-yeah! What type of shoes got you this excited?

Y/n:Some red sneakers!

Gaz: (sarcastic) Oh, red sneakers! How surprisiiiiing! Seriously, though, you can't pick anything that ain't red sneakers?

Y/n:Nope! It's kind of like my whole character design, you know.

Gaz:.............Character, what now?

Y/n, however, didn't respond as he made it to his destination.

Y/n:This will only take a minute. They're pre-bought, so they should be ready for pickup.

Gaz:I'm counting down the seconds.

Y/ only chuckled as he made his way into the store to see a worker there currently stationed at check-out. Y/n would then wave and smile at him.

Y/n:Yo Mark!  How's it hanging, man?

The worker named Mark looked up at him and smiled.

Mark:Y/n!  It's great to see you, man! How's the hero bizz?

Y/N approached the counter and rested his arms on it.

Y/n:eh! There are a couple scratches and bruises here and there, but it's going well. How about you?

Mark: (shrugs) Business is kind of slow, but it's giving me more time to myself, so I can't complain there!

Y/n:(chuckles) Glad to hear it, man! Anyway, I'm here to pick up a pair.