Chapter One

Y/N POV

"You know, you could've grabbed your own suitcase." I groan out, rolling not only my own suitcase, but my best friend's as well.

"Why would I do that when I have you?" Rylie smirks, swiping the room key card over the electronic lock. The light turns green, signaling that the door is now unlocked.

"What did you even pack? Your whole closet?" I ask jokingly. I roll the suitcases into the room, and set my bag down on one of the beds.

She scoffs, turning around to face me. "No, not my whole closet, only half."

I roll my eyes at her and shake my head. My arms are now sore from pulling both suitcases, and carrying my backpack. I definitely need to get back into the gym.

Rylie walks over to the big glass sliding door, stepping out onto the balcony to look at the view. I follow her, doing the same. We decided to come to Hawaii for vacation, Kauai to be specific. Neither of us have been before, and we needed a break from everything.

The sun was setting, a pretty orange color painting the sky. We stood in silence, taking everything in. The silence only lasts about 5 minutes, before Rylie speaks up. "So, I say that we get showered and dressed and go out to dinner."

"That sounds good, I am starving. You go shower first, and I'll look up the closest restaurants." I reply.

She walks back into the hotel room, grabbing her clothes and going into the bathroom. I pull my phone out of my pocket, clicking on google. I search for the closest restaurant, not caring what type of food it is. All I know is that I'm hungry, and if I don't eat soon, it won't be good for either of us.

I finally decide on a restaurant only about three minutes away. Not only is it the closest, but the food looks really good.

15 minutes later, Rylie steps out of the bathroom wearing a slightly revealing red dress, and black high heels. I walk into the room, closing the glass door behind me.

"Well look at you all dressed up." I say with a smirk on my face. Once she sees my face, she rolls her eyes at me.

"Wipe that smirk off of your face." She lightly pushes my shoulder. "You never know when you're going to run into a hot guy."

I gag at her words, grabbing my clothes and walking into the bathroom. I turn the water on, undressing while I wait for it to warm up.

Once I finish my shower, I grab one of the towels drying myself off. Since Rylie dressed up, I decide to dress up too. I pull on a pair of khakis, and a button up. Looking very gay, if I do say so myself.

When I step out of the bathroom, Rylie's head snaps in my direction. "You look hot" she says, before continuing her make up. I thank her, walking over to sit on the edge of the bed while I put my shoes on.

She finishes her make up fairly quickly, and then we head out to the restaurant.

The Next Day

I'm rudely woken up when I feel a body land on mine. When I open my eyes, my best friend is straddling me with a smile on her face.

"Get up, it's our first official day in Hawaii." She says excitedly, bouncing on top of me. I groan, and push her off of me.

"I say that we have a calm, relaxing, day at the beach. Maybe have a couple of drinks as well." She wiggles her eyebrows. I just nod my head, I'm not a morning person at all.

She gets off of the bed, going to put on her bathing suit. I should probably get changed as well. I grab my dark blue one piece, and some shorts to put on over it.

As I'm stripping out of my clothing, Rylie walks out of the bathroom. I continue what I'm doing, not caring if she sees me naked. We change in front of each other all the time.

When we get to the beach, I lay my towel down on the sand, laying down on it. I don't know why I bother to try and tan, I usually end up looking like a tomato.

"I'm going to go have a drink, do you want to come with me?" Rylie asks, standing above me.

"We just got here and you already want a drink." I open my eyes to look at her, her face sporting an unamused look at my comment.

"Do you want to come or not?" She asks again. I shake my head no, and with that, she walks away.

After about 10 minutes, I start getting too hot. I probably should've checked the temperature this morning. I slip my shorts off, and walk over to the edge of the water to sit down. The water instantly cools me down.

Two kids surfboarding with their parents in the distance catch my eye. They look so happy, and I can't help but feel a little sad, because I want that so bad. I want someone to grow old with, to have kids with, someone to love unconditionally, someone who wants all of me, and understands me, and vice versa.

Let's just say that I don't have the best luck when it comes to dating. They either end up cheating on me, or their true colors eventually show. Rylie always tells me that my special person will come along, and that I just have to be patient, and I know that she's right.

Before I can get even more caught up in my thoughts, I decide a drink doesn't sound that bad, and I should probably check on Rylie. As soon as I walk up to the bar, I see Rylie flirting with a random man. I should've known, this trip is going to be fun.

I walk over to the counter, looking at what drinks they have. I feel someone come up beside me, but I don't acknowledge them.

"I recommend the tropical margarita, it's really good." The person beside me says. I look over to see a brunette woman, wearing a light blue bikini, a white top, jeans, and a bucket hat. I recognize her, but to be honest with you, I don't know much about her.

She smiles at me, so I return the smile. "Thank you for the suggestion, I wasn't quite sure what to get."

"You're welcome" she replies. I order the drink, and while I wait, the woman introduces herself.

"I'm Hailee" she sticks her hand out, waiting for me to do the same. I reach my hand out to shake her hand. Her hands are incredibly soft.

"I'm Y/n, nice to meet you." I say. I take a moment to really look at her, she is beautiful.

"So are you just visiting? Or do you live here?" Hailee asks. I grab my drink from the bartender before answering her question.

"I'm just visiting for the week, I'm actually from Los Angeles. How about you?" She seems to get excited at this new information.

"I'm also from Los Angeles, I'm just here for vacation. This is my second day here." She responds.

I take a sip of my drink, Hailee is right, it is really good. We talk about Hawaii, places to go and see, until Rylie walks over to us.

"Hey Y/n, I see you've made a new friend." Rylie smirks, wrapping her arm around my shoulders. I see Hailee's eyes shift over to look at Rylie, before looking back at me. I decide to try and wrap this conversation up before Rylie embarrasses me.

"Well it was nice meeting you Hailee, Thank you again for the suggestion" I say thankfully.

"You're welcome, it was nice meeting you too." She smiles. I notice that her smile isn't the same as it was before though. Rylie pulls me away after we say our goodbyes.

"Did you get her number?" She asks smugly.
She notices the look on my face and slaps my shoulder.

"You didn't get her number Y/n?" my best friend practically yells. I don't even have to say anything, because she already knows the answer. "Go get it then" she continues.

When I turn back around, Hailee is nowhere to be found. Great, this is just my luck. I guess I'll have to hope that we run into each other again.

A/N

Let me know what you think so far, this is my first book. These first two chapters are on the shorter side, but chapter 3 and so on will be longer chapters. If you liked this chapter, don't forget to vote.