Chapter Five

Y/N POV

The rest of the trip went by in the blink of an eye. We spent the remaining days cramming in as many activities as we could. Remind me to never agree to go hiking again.

Unfortunately, I didn't see Hailee again, but we both agreed to make plans once we were back in LA. I'm looking forward to spending more time with her.

As I pull my luggage through the Lihue airport, I'm surprised at how many people are here at such an early time. I look up at the signs to make sure we're walking in the right direction. Rylie trudges behind me, complaining about needing coffee for the sixth time in the last ten minutes.

"The faster you walk, the sooner you can get your coffee." I say loud enough for her to hear. At my comment she slightly picks up her pace.

Checking in and getting through security went smoothly, thankfully. Once we get to the gate, I tell Rylie to sit and wait while I go get our drinks.
My phone buzzes as I'm waiting in line. I smile when I see that it's Hailee.

Hailee❤️

Good morning, I hope you have a safe flight. Text me when you're back in LA!

I quickly type out a response, letting her know that I will text her as soon as we get off of the plane. The lady behind the counter calls for the next person in line just as I'm shoving my phone into my back pocket.

"Hi, can I get a caramel macchiato and a hot chocolate please?" I tell the green eyed woman.

"Will that be all?" She checks, looking back up at me from the register. I nod my head.

"Your total is $6.20" I slide my card to pay for the drinks. A few minutes later I hear my name being called, I grab the drinks and walk back to where Rylie is sitting.

"Here is your coffee grumpy ass." I hand my best friend the cup, taking a seat beside her. She rolls her eyes at the nickname. Usually I'm the grumpy one, but it seems that we've switched roles today.

"Thank you" She says before sipping on her coffee. She lets out a moan once the coffee hits her tongue, which earns a laugh from me. Her head snaps in my direction, her eyes narrowing.

"What's funny?" She questions in a not so calm tone. Damn, she is really not in a good mood this morning.

"You just moaned while drinking coffee." I do my best to hold my laughter in. She looks at me unamused.

"And?" Rylie raises her eyebrow. I just shake my head not wanting to upset her more. The last thing I need is us getting into an argument before we're trapped thousands of miles in the air together. However, it seems like she's not willing to let it go.

"It doesn't even equal to the amount of times I've heard you moaning. If I had a dollar for every time I've walked in on you getting fucked, i'd be rich." She bites. My jaw drops at her comment, I can't believe she just said that.

"Wow okay" I get up moving a couple of seats down from her. She knows exactly how to push my buttons and I hate it.

An hour later a flight attendant comes on the speaker letting us know that the flight is now boarding. I make sure that I have everything before getting in line.

When we get onto the plane I take the window seat, i'd rather not be in the middle. Rylie sits down in the middle seat, clearly unhappy about it. I pull my phone out putting it on airplane mode and throw my headphones on. 6 hour flight, here we go.

Somehow during the flight Rylie ended up asleep on my shoulder. Hopefully she's in a much better mood when she wakes up.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Delta welcomes you to Los Angeles. The local time is 2:40pm. For your safety and the safety of those around you, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened and keep the aisle clear until we are parked at the gate." One of the flight attendants says.