Nine

__________
{Y/n}

After arriving to the secondary base, Ghost wasted no time in leading me to the room I would interviewing the soldier in. The AQ soldier was soon brought into the room with by several armed guards. He looked at me with defiance, and his eyes showed no emotion.

"Whatever you say is off the books. Well, unless the captain gives me the green light to publish this." I said as I placed my tape recorder on the table before the AQ soldier.

He was now bound to a chair. Every inch of him covered with thick rope and gagged to the point the corners of his lips were red raw.

"Can we loosen this up a little? I can't understand him with him gagged like that."

Ghost slowly walked over to the man, untying the rope around his mouth before walking back to the wall to lean against. "You have 10 minutes to do whatever is you need to do."

"Then what?" I furrowed. "What happens to him?"

Ghost unfolded his arms from his chest then brought his hand up slowly towards his neck, using his thumb to 'slice' against his throat. I gulped at Ghost's gesture, a feeling of unease washed over me as I nodded then focused my attention back on the AQ soldier.

"Let's begin. My name is Y/n L/n, I'm a journalist with Summit Press. Can you tell me your name?" He looked at me with fear in his eyes, though I knew I wasn't the cause of that emotion, it was Ghost.

"Hey-" I reached out, gently placing my hand on the table that separated us. "Don't worry about him." I spoke softly. His eyes snapped back to mine as he took in shallow breaths. "Can you tell me your name."

A shaky breath left his lips. "M-malak." He stuttered.

"Malak." I smiled. "And which organisation do you belong to - sorry, who do you fight for."

"Al-Qatala." He sighed.

"Can you tell me a little about Al-Qatala and why you fight for them."

"Not for. With. We fight together." He said sternly.

"Together? Yet they left your arse here." Ghost snarled from the corner.

I scowled at Ghost before turning my gaze back to Malak, softning my expression. "My apologies. Continue."

Malak hesitated before speaking, his eyes flicked to Ghost then back to me. "Not with him in here."

I looked back over to Ghost, I cocked my head to the side then nodded towards the door. He let out a grunt as he straightened himself from leaning against the wall. "Make it quick." He growled as he left the room.

The moment Ghost left the room, Malak's composure relaxed almost instantly. "Al-Qatala is many things to those who are against us. The way I see it, we are a surrogate family that gives support, no matter what factors might be working against us, the Al Qatala provides a place for us."

"Yeah, I bet it does." I assured. "I need to understand what led you down the path or terrorism."

"We are not terrorists. This is my country. You people are the terrorists here. Bringing violence to our soil."

"Yes, this is a war and there is a lot of violence. He may fit your narrative-" I nodded towards the door, referring to Ghost who stood on the other side. "But my intentions are different. My job is to connect, hear from both sides of the story."