6- Nope.

Ariel' s POV

He kissed me.

The instant spark took me back to the first kiss we shared.

As we were talking, our bodies unconsciously moved closer.

"But if the world was really against you, why are you sitting here instead of being cooped up at your home, like a crazy person just waiting for the world to end?" He asked.

"I'm sitting here so if the world did end, I would have people to witness-s it with me and call the police." I drunkenly stated, trying the sound completely reasonable.

"That has got to be one of the most stupid reasons I've ever heard for someone to come to a bar." He said, with slight amusement in his eyes.

This whole conversation started by him asking me what brought me here.

I'm not telling him.

Stranger danger.

"You're, the stupid one. Didn't your mother ever teach you not to talk to strangers?" I managed to say without slurring, completely serious.

This time he laughed. He laughed hard. He had a beautiful laugh and a huge smile.

I wonder what else is huge.

I instantly thought, my slightly tipsy mind going straight down the gutter.

I was grieving, and alone so whats the worst that could happen right?

I leaned forward, touching his upper thigh, which stopped his laughing immediately. I leaned in even closer, rubbing my hand a little higher, and began to give him butterfly kisses all over his neck. That seemed to have stopped his breathing.

When he regained his composure, he said with a husky voice,"Why don't we get out of here and go somewhere a little more private?"

"I thought you'd never ask."

Once we made our way outside, he suddenly pushed me against the wall and kissed me.

As soon as his lips touched mine, I turned into liquid heat. Anything he would have asked me to do that night, I would have done it, if it meant I could get more.

It was intoxicating.

He was intoxicating.

We were wrapped up in each other again, like we were that night.

I pulled back to catch my breath, but he didn't stop. He continued until he made it to the spot behind my left ear, which always made me sweat. He had gotten the top three buttons of my blouse undone, making a trail to my breast with his tongue when there was a knock at the door.

Fuck.

"Ari, are you okay?" My assistant Anna asked meekly.

Damn. Why did she have to be so... concerned?

"Yeah, I'll be okay just stall the rest of the men, I'll be out in a little while." I replied trying to even my breathing and also keep the frustration out of my tone.

I couldn't even look at Alex, I just washed my hands, good thing I rinsed my mouth out before, and quickly walked back out to the conference room, without looking back.

*
*
*
Alex's POV

Everything from that night came rushing back. The spark, the feel of her soft lips molding perfectly to mine, the feel of her perfect heat accepting me.

Damn. I was rock hard even thinking about it. Her taste, her smell, even the way she looked when she was angry. It all had my blood racing.

When I heard the knock at the door, I wouldn't have stopped if she hadn't pulled away.

When she walked out of the door, she didn't even glimpse my way. I would have followed right after her if I hadn't had a certain part of my anatomy giving me a hard time.

After a few minutes of desperately trying to calm down, I headed back down the hall to the conference room.

When I got there I realized the presentation had already began without me. But what I was really concerned about was why the hell was Ariel sitting so close to Hayden Bonaparte?

He was my mortal enemy when it came to business. Personally he was okay I guess, but because of business, I really didn't want to get to know him better.

As I returned to my seat, which was two seats down on the opposite side of the table, I was watching them like a hawk.

I saw when he whispered into her ear. I saw when she had to try to stifle a laugh. I saw when he...

Why the hell was he touching her hand?

Why was she blushing?

I felt my temperature begin to rise and it wasn't in the good way.

*
*
*
Forty-five minutes later, I was at the end of my line. If the meeting hadn't ended when it did, I would have completely lost my cool.

I watched them the entire meeting. They kept whispering, laughing, and worst of all, touching.

I mean, didn't he even notice she was pregnant? More importantly with my child.

And she condoned it.

It's not like you two are a couple, and how was he supposed to know the baby is yours?

I didn't listen to my conscience.

I basically told him to shut the fùck up.

She was mine.

Why did my business partner have to talk so damned much?

As soon as the proposal was finished the dimmed lights came back on. Mr. Dawson, my business partner, tried to talk to me, but I brushed him off and followed Ariel out of the door. She was, of course, still with Hayden.

I caught up to them by the business elevator, and accidentally heard part of their conversation.

"..so what about that lunch you agreed to a while ago?" Bonaparte was in the middle of asking her out.

Nope.

I wouldn't let it happen.

As I reached them I slid my arms around her from the back, caressing her baby bump and kissed her square on the lips when she looked back to see who it was.

"Is my lady and baby ready to get something to eat?" I asked lovingly.

When I looked at Bonaparte, he looked completely taken aback, then his eyes narrowed and he said "Congratulations man, I didn't know you two were dating? "

"Engaged." I sternly replied.

I'm surprised Ariel hadn't interrupted us by now and denied everything I just said. That was a first...

What is she up to?

Then she finally spoke up "Yeah, we were going out to eat before my doctors appointment. At the world renowned restaurant Chateaux Le Rouge."

"You need to make reservations for there at least two months in advance." Hayden spoke with slightly suppressed awe.

"Yes I know but I don't see anything wrong with you joining us. Right Alex?" She asked looking up challenging at me.

I had to hide a smirk. Then I quickly leaned in a stole another kiss, this one longer than the last. I didn't look up until I heard the uncomfortable clearing of a throat. And even then I took my sweet time looking back up.

"Right."