13- It's Fine.

Ariel's POV

When the doorbell rang, Mrs. Wright decided to answer it mumbling something about working the helpers to hard.

She arrived to the door before me. She just stopped in her tracks, so I nearly bumped into her. "What's...?" My voice gave out a weird gasp as my eyes saw what she was looking at.

Alexander kissing a troll.

She had on so much makeup, that it looked as if the side of her face had already cracked. In my book real beauty needs no enhancements that's why I wear minimal makeup. So unlike the other books where the other woman was like a supermodel, this woman was definitely a fugly bìtch. Just saying.

After I found my voice, the only thing I could say was "Wow."

Then they decided to jump apart, but the damage was already done. I instantly turned to Mrs. Wright, "I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but do you mind giving me a ride home, or at least to the nearest bus stop? After that I can get home the best way I can."

"Ariel you are not going to ride a bus." Alex cut in, trying to be all demanding.

Bìtch, hoe, fùcker... the profanities continued to run through my head, but I took the more adult route.

"I'm sorry Sir, but I do not believe you are my father, Mrs. Wright? " I asked again. "If you don't want to betray your son, I understand. " I said and headed to the door where Alex and the Bìtch were still standing. "Excuse me." I said in the most polite way I could.

Before that she seemed to be in a daze. But when I walked to the door, Mrs. Wright seemed to snap out of it. "Oh, of course dear just let me grab my keys."

"No you won't mom! Ariel you are going to go into the kitchen and allow me to explain." He snapped, I guess getting angry. I found his anger amusing however. He's the one in the doorway kissing another woman, and he's upset?

"Am I? Okay." I said with laughter in my voice and stood at the door waiting for them to move. "Will you please get out of my way?" I asked getting more irritated but still politely.

"No! Mom why do you have your keys? She's not going anywhere. I need to speak with her." He said with a desperate whining tone.

"First of all, you do not tell me what I will and will not do. You're the one who fucked this up and you're going to be the one who fixes it with no help from me." She said in an ice cold tone that even sent chills down my spine.

"I'm trying to fix it alone. But you're making it worse, by taking her away from me without giving me the chance to explain." He said almost broken.

"I'm helping out a woman who just saw the father of her two unborn children smooching with another woman. If I don't help her leave this situation and make her endure the emotional heartache that is about to overcome her with virtual strangers all around, that would make me less of a woman." She explained. " I'm sorry Alexander. I'm ready whenever you are Ariel. "

I nodded with tears in my eyes. "Excuse me." I said once again not even meeting his eye. As he slowly moved out of the doorway, the Bìtch came into view.

"Bìtch" she said low enough for only me to hear.

One second I just stood there looking at her, the next she was sprawled out on porch holding her face screaming some shìt about a lawyer.

I didn't give a fùck.

With that punch, almost all of my anger fell away. All that was left was sadness. A few minutes later, Mrs. Wright came and hugged me. She gave me all of the motherly love I had missed out on in my younger days, in that one hug. It was crazy because she just met me that day and she was already treating me with love.