17- The Set Up

Ariel's POV

It had been two weeks since we moved into Alex's parents guest house.

If I was being honest with myself I'd have to say I loved it. It was like me and Alex were living together as a real family. He would come home and I would have his dinner ready. We would sit down and talk , getting to know each other a little better. I learned that his favorite color was green, his favorite food was goldfish crackers and he loved to draw in his free time.

When he was at work I wasn't alone. I could just walk up the drive and I'd be at his mother's house. I got to know her a little better too.

Since I wasn't working, neither was my personal assistant and friend Anna. She would come out every other day and spend time with us. Sometimes she even joined us for the weekly family dinners Ms.Sarah decided to start hosting.

This is where Anna met Nick.

They didn't talk much which was slightly odd for Nick. I noticed however, the secret looks they gave each other when they thought no one was looking. I could tell something was happening between the two. Thier eyes would even meet for a few seconds before one of thier opinions were asked for in the conversation.

"You like him." I said to Anna one morning sitting by the pool with cocoa butter smeared all over my giganormous baby bumb. It now looked as if I had eaten a whole watermelon and a half. If the lotion didn't help with stretch marks it sure as hell felt good being rubbed all over you by your horny boyfriend or fiance.

"Who?" She asked. I could tell she was acting because she's horrible at it. Her voice goes high and she looks at your nose because she can't look you in the eyes.

"You know who. I'm not stupid Anna. I see those secret glances he gives you and honestly if i didn't know any better i would think you two were... having sex." I said testing the waters.

Litte did I know she would turn beetroot red and her voice would sound like Mariah Carey in the 90's when she sreached, "No! Me and him Ari? Really? "

Game. Set. Damn.

"O. M. G. I was just joking but Anna really? When?" I said in amazement.

"I don't know what you talking about." She said in the same high pitched voice.

I just looked at her. I knew she was lying and she wouldn't admit it.

"What?" She asked her voice still a screech.

"I know you lying!" I said mocking her high pitched lying voice. " Now tell me when? "

She sighed giving up on her façade. "It was before I saw him here. On of my old college roommates drag me out for a night on the town. He came up to me in the bar and asked me to buy him a drink."

"Ha! That sounds familiar. Thats exactly what Alexander did. Anyway, keep going."

"We got into an argument. He said I couldn't handle my liquor so we made a bet. We would keep drinking and have a full conversation. The first one to start slurring their words would lose."

"And?" I said on the edge of my seat.

"And.... I lost but i kept drinking and eventually I ended up in his bed." She admitted ashamed.

"OMD so you guys had a one night stand?! How was it?" I asked. I never knew I was really one for girl talk, but I never really had anyone to talk to and talking with Ms. Sarah would be awkward no matter how cool she seemed. I could probably reach that level with Beth but we weren't there yet.

"I can't remember." She simply stated turning red but managed to keep her voice somewhat leveled.

"Oh you remember alright but I won't pressure you maybe he wasn't good after all." I said baiting her. Slipping my ear buds in for good measure.