02- Things friends shouldn't know

Tommy had no idea what to say. He looked from one person to the other, frozen where he sat. What do you say to two people who believe their best friend is fine? Remembers everything, and isn't the dead prince in their friend's body?

He could either be blunt, or he could be more gentle with the news. But he didn't know what they would prefer. He didn't even know them in general.

          He decided on bluntness, he would prefer it that way if he had to receive news of this sort. It was also the only way he would know how to break the news.

          So he cleared his throat and spoke. "I don't remember anything... at all."

They didn't say anything, but they stared. The two stared at him in a state of shock and disbelief. Honestly, he had expected nothing less.

The silence was horrifically awkward. They all sat there, unsure of what to say to the others.

          What could you say?

            Ranboo seemed to conclude as the disbelief left their eyes. "We can explain everything to you. Everything you missed, and everything you don't know." They said it slowly, watching Tommy carefully.

            He found himself agreeing to the offer, wanting to know enough about Tommy to act as naturally as he could.

----- (time-skip bc I don't feel like writing a ridiculous amount of dialogue that's an explanation) -----

           From Ranboo the boy he learned was named Tubbo; he learned a lot. Particularly the fact that Tommy went into a coma around a month ago.

          And things about his personality. Tommy cursed like a sailor; much unlike Theseus, who rarely ever did.

           He didn't accept help often and was stubborn. It was part of the reason he got into the coma. Tommy had climbed a tree and couldn't get down, and refused to accept help to get down. As a result, he'd fallen out of the tree in his attempt to get down and landed almost right on top of his head. Which promptly knocked him out and sent him into a coma.

          Tommy had been living an eventful life, according to Tubbo and Ranboo.

          At some point in his life, he had been kidnapped. He refuses to talk about it, or who took him and how he escaped.

         Though the information was useful, it didn't give him much of an idea of how to act. It seemed that Tommy's best friends didn't know much about some of his memories, particularly his childhood.

          He found himself wishing he had Tommy's memories. It would give many more answers than Ranboo and Tubbo gave him. He would've gained the most from Tommy's perspective and memories. But he didn't have that.

          Something he found himself doing often, was looking at his reflection. His old face- well, his real face, was different than Tommy's. Sure, they sort of looked alike, but not enough to be confused for the other.

          Tommy's face looks smoother and younger than Theseus'. Not to mention... more colored? Theseus was pale and didn't exactly have a healthy-looking complexion. Especially once he was poisoned and sick. But Tommy's face looked as if he was healthy. Very much so.

          And the hair was different. Tommy's was a golden blonde, but Theseus' was a pale blonde. It was the same with the eyes; Tommy's brighter, and Theseus' darker or paler.

           He found he didn't like it much. It was an odd thing, not having your face or your body. And to see it in a mirror was even odder. But at the same time, he couldn't look away. He was both startled and fascinated by the difference.

          Sometimes, he was scared he would forget his face. His family's faces. He found himself thinking about both his and his family's faces late at night. Memorizing every detail to not forget them.

        And he thought about Tommy. About his friends who thought he would act normally after a while.

         As much as he wished he could, he couldn't act like Tommy. Like their Tommy. It was impossible.

         He couldn't act like someone he wasn't, and he never would be able to. And he couldn't tell them he wasn't Tommy. He would be labeled crazy, and they would be horrified. Rightfully so.

         That was why he would leave. He would run away from their house in the middle of a small town on the edge of the Antarctic Kingdom. He wouldn't put them in danger. They couldn't follow him. He would make sure that they wouldn't.

          He wouldn't put someone else's world; someone else's family in danger. The sooner he left and the sooner he got back to his family, the sooner their Tommy would return to them.

----------
Hello!

This took a bit of a while, but my writers block is gone now :)

So I'm going back to semi-daily updates.

Pretty much every 3 to 5 days I publish a chapter.

Anyways,

Have a wonderful day! <3

-Lav