03- Running away

Tommy had spent a week with Tubbo and Ranboo by the time he'd gathered enough things to run away. It was a struggle to gather things without the two noticing. They seemed like they didn't want to take their eyes off him.

He assumed it was because they were worried, but it proved to be annoying. He couldn't go in a room without one of them following or already being there. He had to do all of his collecting and planning in the dead of night- when he was sure they were asleep. Even then it was hard.

   It took him two nights to even learn to navigate in the dark. It was so unfamiliar to him that he would bump into things and step on creaky floorboards. Of course, that woke Tubbo up. And it was a pain to explain why he was up and walking around the house. But he did notice that Ranboo didn't wake up when Tubbo did. He assumed the other was a deep sleeper.

    The only thing that Ranboo did at night was sleep or sleepwalk. It was odd because he tended to speak in gibberish and do things in his sleep; only to return to his bed after a bit of wandering.

     The small house was extremely disorganized and hard to find things. So he would casually check where some things were during the day to find them at night. Eventually, he made a makeshift map of the house, which made it much easier for him.

      He spent a week planning and gathering the things he needed. And now, he was ready to leave. Tonight was the night he would do it. He had shoved his bag of supplies under his bed and already had his outfit sitting on the floor of his closet.

        Sure, he went through the trouble of putting the things out of sight, but it wasn't like they entered his room without him in it anyway. But you could never be too careful, could you? He learned that in his time as the prince.

         He'd debated on sending a letter to Puffy or his family sometimes, but he didn't know where the post office was and how to find it. And he didn't want to get questioned on why he was messaging the royal family or a woman he wasn't meant to know at all.

           He tended to think about that sort of thing when it was quiet. It didn't matter when or where it was; he thought as long as it was quiet. Just as it happened to be right now.

        He sat on the couch with Tubbo, knitting (something he found books on in his room,) and Tubbo flipping through a sketchbook. The book was filled with sketches of weapons of various kinds. Even some of Tubbo's own making. He had found out that Tubbo worked at blacksmiths run by a nobleman named Schlatt.

The man was a horrible boss. He knew this from Tubbo's rants about how his boss was an alcoholic and a tyrant of a store owner.

Nonetheless, the place paid pretty good money, which was the only reason Tubbo had stayed for so long. Not to mention the fact that Schlatt pretty much let Tubbo make whatever he felt like. Including things, Tubbo came up with. Tubbo seemed to be working on something he called nukes at the shop- something Ranboo wouldn't let him do in his workspace in the house.

Suddenly, Tubbo stood up and grabbed his coat and keys; shouting a quick; "I'm going down to work!" before leaving the house and shutting the door behind him. Tommy stopped his knitting, placing the sweater he was working on onto the couch next to him.

Tubbo was more paranoid about Tommy and was usually the one to follow him around. Now that he was gone and the sun was setting, Ranboo should be going to sleep soon. Which meant it would be ridiculously easy to leave tonight.

And Tommy would be a fool not to take his chance.

So went up the stairs two at a time; quickly making his way to his bedroom. He pulled his bag out from under his bed and tossed it onto the chair in the corner of his room, then grabbed the outfit he prepared from his closet.

    He put that on and stood in his room for a moment. There was a bathroom connected to Tommy's room, and he made a contraption out of spare parts Tubbo had lying around to make something to turn the shower on, and then off thirty minutes later. That way, he bought himself thirty minutes before they began to get concerned. Maybe even more.

Now was the best time to do it, he decided. He put on his bag and went into the bathroom, locking the door behind him. The door to his room was open, so Ranboo would hear the water if they walked by. But it wouldn't matter, because he would already be gone.

He switched the shower on, making sure that his contraption was in working order before nodding to himself.

He shoved the window open, sticking his head out to see how far the drop was. Not far at all. It was perfect to drop from with no injuries at all. He was happy he wouldn't need to make a makeshift rope to get down.

Climbing up and onto the ledge, he looked down at the ground and shrugged before dropping down. He landed with a soft thump on the grass and glanced around. There was a path leading from the house to what he knew was the town from listening to Tubbo talk.

That would be where he would find someone to give him a ride towards the castle. He grinned to himself, breaking off into a sprint onto the path. He was free, and he would be going back to his family soon.

------------
Hello,

How many toddlers do you think you could fight (all at once) and win?

Anyways,

Have a wonderful day!

-Lav