WC Short Story #1

I felt obligated to write a story after all the art/chapters I made dedicated to it. The OC used here is Lichenstream, she's basically a villain, I won't spoil too much cause that's in the story. I cooked up this entire thing in less than 20 minutes so it will be short and not as good as I should've made it.

As far as I'm aware there are no TW's-

Lichenstream always had her way. Whatever she asked for, she usually got. She was the leader's apprentice, after all, and had a popular and supporting clan behind her. Of course she wasn't "spoiled", no. She saw herself as a desirable heir to the leader, and no future leader was "spoiled". 

Now she was creeping in the deep forests in the dead of night. All part of her plan of course, even if it was a bit spooky. Leopardstorm was supposed to meet her right about now, but the dappled cinnamon she-cat was nowhere to be seen. After a few minutes of following the same path, the small moonlit clearing she was heading for came into view. There. She spotted a cat, their features outlined by the moon. That was Leopardstorm.

"Lichenstream, you finally made it," a smooth and silky voice spoke. It was Leopardstorm. She was about as tall as she was, her paws were heavily furred and concealed a sharp set of claws. Her voice was almost enchanting, but it still gave Lichenstream shivers. I don't trust this guy.

"Yes, I have." Lichenstream retorted, straightening her shoulders with an air of superiority. She lifted a forepaw, flexing her claws and observing them in a bored way.

"So, what is this plan of yours?" the insurrection leader continued. Lichenstream could feel her amber eyes boring into her. 

"Well, I want my leader and the deputy dead," Lichenstream replied, getting straight to the point. She lowered her paw and made eye contact with the she-cat. "I'm probably next in line for leadership, so it'll be easy. I want one of yours to do the deed." 

"And what do we gain?" Leopardstorm questioned, narrowing her eyes. 

Lichenstream smiled. "Well, for starters, I will lift the purgatory for your little... group.. I suppose. The clans never really liked your crew, but I'd easily let that pass."

The she-cat grunted. "That's barely worth it. We'll have that soon enough," she said ominously.

Lichenstream was put off by the line at first, but continued. "Oh, really? You think you could just usurp the throne? Convince the clans that you're good? Oh, I don't know, fight off an army that's thrice your whole population?" she questioned. "Nay, I'm your best bet to changing all of that."

Leopardstorm's gaze softened a bit. "Well, Lichenstream- or should I say, Lichenstar, we have a deal," she rumbled, smiling a toothy grin back.

Lichenstream reached out a paw, and they shook on it.