truth, nothing but the truth

Venice could sense that Chan had been watching him for a while, but he didn't want to reveal that he was awake too.
He enjoyed just lying next to him in peace and feeling his closeness too much.
Besides, he was kind of scared that everything turned out to be just a very nice dream and that the last few hours hadn't really happened.

"How much longer are you going to pretend to sleep?" Chan asked amused, stroking his hair.
"Until I'm sure that this isn't a dream!", he mumbled on Chan's chest.
"Are you still not convinced after the last few hours?" Chan asked in disbelief, pulling his face up to him.
"If you knew what kind of dreams I had about you in Japan, you wouldn't be 100% convinced either!"
"Are you trying to provoke me again?" Chan said darkly.

"No, I just want to enjoy the moment, even if it's a dream!" Venice said honestly, snuggling back into Chan's side.
He continued to stroke him rhythmically, through his long hair.

"Will you tell me what happened after you left back then?" Chan said suddenly.
"Why do you want to know that so badly?" Venice answered after a few seconds and Chan noticed that he was somehow tensing up.
"Because I need an explanation why you decided back then to ban me from your life so abruptly and immediately moved to another country for whole 3 years!?" He said and you could tell that the pent-up frustration and the open questions still simmered in him.

Venice felt that too and somehow he owed him an explanation.
He got up and got dressed again.
"Venice?... Do you want to run away again? If so, I guarantee that today was the last time we saw each other!", Chan said angrily and also got dressed.
Venice looked at him startled, but also understanding.

"No, I don't want to run away anymore, but I'm afraid you'll make me a scene similar to Vegas when he picked me up from the police infirmary!" he said sheepishly and he could see Chan taking a deep breath fetched him and wanted to react accordingly, but he held back and let Venice continue talking in peace.

"When I got back to Bangkok by train, Pol picked me up and, at my request, took me to a hotel. There we talked all night about the times, because he was there too. Pol is only ended up with the mafia because he was my father's personal bodyguard before and stayed by his side even after their marriage. So he saw almost everything that happened back then!And after my father died, he find that of considers it his duty to stay by my side and take care of me."
Venice stared again, lost in thought, before continuing.

"As far as he had experienced it, he was able to confirm all of Dr. Top's statements! Then I spent 4 more days in the hotel to decide how my life should go on. I had actually already decided in the mountains to forgive Vegas!
What I didn't know, however, was how I was going to bear it when you came back and happily talk about your wedding, or even worse, I should have seen you, a happy married couple, every day. So I decided to succumb to years of urging from Vegas and go to that elite school in Japan!" Venice confessed, giving Chan an apologetic look, hoping that could adequately explain his behavior.

"How was the conversation with Vegas back then?"
Venice stared straight ahead again.
"To be honest, disturbing!", he replied and seemed very thoughtful.
"Why?" Chan asked worried.
"When I walked into his office he didn't say a word to me! Just smiled at me lovingly, put his gun in my hand and said I had every right to take his life now; pointed it at his heart and waited for me to pull the trigger!"

Venice closed his eyes and shuddered.
Chan took him in his arms and hugged him tightly.
"I was so shocked at the time and just shaking. I dropped and then just hugged him because I realized again that I only had him as my family and after our stay in the mountains together, I could also go to the recognize for the first time what he has actually achieved and what it means to love so much that you put the well-being of others before your own!" , Venice now said smiling and looked deep into Chan's eyes.