Love heal the soul

Venice's patience has been incredibly tested. He had already been back in Bangkok for over a week and his trip here took almost 2 weeks and yet the person still didn't want to show himself.

With Vegas and Pepe gone, the Bangkok underground had changed incredibly. There were street fights almost every day where the individual smaller clans tried to gain dominance. It took a lot of effort for Venice not to get involved. Not only because it destroyed more and more of what his father had built, but also because these battles involved an incredible number of civilians, something that his family always tried to avoid and was against their sense of honor.

Moving around the city unnoticed at the moment was far more difficult than he would have expected. Especially considering his level of fame. It was only through a lot of luck that he managed to escape from one without being arrested or captured by the other clan members. The injuries he sustained were not so bad that he was greatly affected in his further actions.

And then it was finally here, the day when he would get his revenge.

It was almost impossible not to hear the news. It could be read everywhere and the large LED screens in the shopping malls showed the images all day long that the son, who was believed to have been lost, of the Theerapunjakorn clan, had returned and that it was stronger and more terrible than ever before, which alone was that Fact proved that he had shot his own fathers.

Venice grinned happily when he heard this news. Not only because he could finally get out of hiding without the risk of being discovered since all the attention was now on the other person, but also because he would finally get his life back.

Chan

It had now been 4 weeks since he arrived back at his parents' house. And it was almost shocking how quickly he adapted to the new circumstances. Which was perhaps because his family gave him enough distraction. There was enough to do around the house and the harvest was also coming up. Due to the favorable weather, their yield was significantly higher than in previous years and every helping hand was very welcome. Peach and Min were also still there and had now arranged themselves so that they didn't give the impression that they would be leaving the mountains again so quickly. Which of course made Chan incredibly happy, because it made dealing with Sunny and Min uncomplicated.

But seeing Venice children every day, especially little Aurora, who looked more like him every day, always gave him a little stab in the heart when their paths crossed. So he actually had the feeling that he had accepted the end of their relationship quite well, but these encounters made it very clear to him that this was not the case.

Chan had no idea what his future would hold, but seeing how happy Sunny was here in the mountains and playing with all her cousins quickly made it clear to him that they were here to stay. He focused all his energy on his daughter and working with his parents on the farm. Due to the above-average harvest, they had to rely on the help of the other villagers, because the rainy season was about to begin and the fields had to be empty, otherwise everything would spoil and mold too quickly if they didn't process it immediately could deliver their trade.

Among the helpers was a former school friend of his brother Wood. Just like Chan, he had "escaped" from the village at a young age and only visited occasionally, as his brother told him. Chan could only vaguely remember him. The name meant one thing to him, but it meant something completely different picture in front of your eyes.

"Chan, surely you remember Green!? He used to come to us often and help me with the physics problems, because you were an absolute sucker at that and no help to me!" Wood said mockingly accusingly when he assigned Green to help him.

"I can't be perfect in everything," Chan countered and gave his brother a stern look, then looked at Green. "Somehow I remember you completely differently."