Chapter Six: The Great Battle Of Iced Chai Tea

~Arien~

For someone who said they're starving, she sure likes to wait for me to get her snacks for her. Layla's being a lazy butt right now, which doesn't leave me much of an option since I promised Mom that I wouldn't cause any trouble or argue with the brat in the truck with Gramps. At least she's catching up with the old man. Guess I'll grab a snack and drink too. Her snack was easy to find, watermelon flavored sour gummies and Cheetos ✓

Now I just gotta grab Layla and me some drink, her's was easy, but not me, it wasn't just any drink but a specific drink, my favorite: Can of iced chai tea.

I went all the way to the back of the store where the drinks are. I saw some Gatorades, I grabbed the blue flavor for Layla, that girl loves blue everything. I still remember when we were little and read the lightning thief for the first time, Layla had the fattest crush on Percy.

Ever since she found out his favorite color was blue like her, personally I think no food should be dyed blue but that's just my opinion. I kept looking for my signature drink but wasn't finding it anywhere, so I went down a little further. I'm starting to give up.

Bingo.

Found it, perfect! Just one left, that's great, except for the guy in a gray hoodie scanning that particular part pretty seriously.

That's alright, I just have to grab it real quick, reaching forward to grab the drink, my hand lands on it, oh no, there's a bigger tanner hand on top of mine.

His hand is reaching from the other fridge door which is a little weird to see, but when I look down to notice that both of us have a hand on the same item, I try to grip it tighter as I do so does the other guy, great, I really don't wanna be that girl but after everything this week, I NEED my caffeine, and I need it NOW.

"Um, excuse me but I'd like this drink, and I'd appreciate it a lot if you could remove your hand from this-"

"No . . ."

OK. This time I turn to face him,

"Excuse me sir but my hand was on it first"

As the words came I caught a glimpse of the thief: The gray hoodie dude seemed to be around my age. Attempting to pull it towards my direction was a complete embarrassment.

The hoodie guy smirked, this dude didn't get it, I needed this drink, after everything that's conspired. I. NEED. THIS. I try to pull it once more, ultimately failing. This time rolling my eyes.

"Let go." I mumbled

"No?" He wrapped his left hand around mine to keep the drink still, in a normal situation I'd be flustered if some guy with a deep voice held my hand but I wasn't having it, my chai tea mattered more.

"My hand was on it first" I defended

"Yeah no it wasn't, mine was" he said confidently

"Yeah it was." I started seething

"Uhm sure babe, in your imagination" gray hoodie dude was being sarcastic.

Did he just call me babe?

"Don't call me that, would you like it if I called you the gray hoodie dude?" I was practically just full of hatred for this dude.

"Call me whatever you want ," He winks "Just not ugly, cause that's a lie" tightening his grip around the drink.

"Self-absorbed much?" I laugh fixing my position "also nu-uh" I tighten my grip refocusing on the task at hand.

"Did you just say nu-uh?" He asked, baffled at me.