Chapter Seven: Unpacking

~Arien~

Entering the house felt almost as dreadful as seeing Layla's face as she seemed to be contemplating hurling which I wasn't to fond of cleaning up.

I took only one quick glance around the whole first floor: The living room, the windows curtains and everything seemed the same except for the photos that crowded the book shelf in the center of the room no longer only books but now various pictures of Layla, Lars and I accompanied by a two or three of Aunt Jodi and Dad, two completely different people, but in this picture they looked alike so much that the only way you could tell them apart was that Aunt Jodi had slightly longer hair, while their pictures of them when they were around Layla and mine's age makes them look completely different.

My dad looked like a younger version of himself now, but much more leaner not as bulky where as Aunt Jodi looked to be a librarian in the making, which fitted her attitude towards dad in the picture showing her gesturing for him to be quiet while she read a book. To the not so far right was the kitchen and small dining room table, the kitchen floor looked the same as it probably did since the 70's, bright yellow and teal green colored tiles, Grans two favorite colors.

"This place really hasn't changed" muttered Layla

I took a glance at her, she didn't seem to well and judging by how her sickly facial expression that hasn't improved, it won't be getting any better, the last thing I want is for Gramps to be worried about us even more then he already seems to be doing.

I take a step closer to Layla, nudging her very what I would presume to be gentle enough to pull her out of her depressing day dreaming.

"Psst!" I whisper into her ear

Layla who seems to be barely out of her nauseous daze turns to meet my eyes confusingly enough searching for an answer to as why I gently elbowed her in the rib cage.

"knock it off." I mouth.

Layla furrows her brows "what?" she mouths

I point my hand to her face and mouthed "fix your face"

Layla seemed annoyed but when I further pointed out how Gramps seemed worried enough she went wide eyed in realization that we could save our depressing nostalgic feelings for later on in the day.

"It's been a while but you kept the house in great shape gramps!" I attempt to break the ice.

"Well there's not much to do when you're old so i might as well" Gramps chuckles walking into the kitchen. Layla giggled to that bringing me a breathe of relief.

"Well i'm sure you two remember where your old room is?" asked Gramps

Layla and i nodded

"good, because i have to stop by the shop before dinner to check some parts , can i trust that you two will be okay while i'm gone for a couple of hours?"

Layla and I nodded again, "Yep! don't worry about us." I replied.

Gramps gave us suspecting looks for a minute or so before nodding in agreement with us.

"Ok, good well I'll get going then."

"If I'm a little late foods in the fridge, got it Elle?"

"Got it." I replied grabbing our luggage following behind Layla who seemed to be in better spirits.

"See you girls." Said Gramps as he walked out the door

"See you!" Layla replied this time.

And the door closed shut.