Ch. 8 || Audacity

Zaria 🌹

"Can you please slow down?" I shout with my hand holding the handle like my life depends on it. It sure seems like it in this case.

I shouldn't have rode with him.
He is driving at what seems like the highest on the speedometer; but the rate at which my heart is beating can definitely beat that number.

"Are you afraid?" He asks in a teasing tone as he moves his steering wheel to the left.

Is a tattooed hand adorned with rings maneuvering a steering wheel supposed to be this hot?

I think I am going to use this one hand steering wheel thingy in one of my books.

The way his 6 '4 figure filled lavishly in his seat and the way those silver rings which cost no less than half a million dollars gleamed around his fingers and the way his muscular veiny hands did undeniable things between my legs.

It should not be this way.
He should not be this sexy.
I should not feel this way.

I love race cars… as long as I'm not the one sitting in one.
I clench my hand around the handle harder while the other grips the seat belt.

"I don't wanna die this soon." I try not to sound scared.

"Then why were you out there this early?" He sounds like he's sitting at his office table enjoying his coffee and not driving like he is so eager to meet the grim reaper.

"You don't need to know that" I say, annoyed as I look outside the window.
I can't tell him I went there to take things off my mind because I was getting too overwhelmed.

He'll definitely laugh at me for it.
Actually, no. I am not sure if this man ever laughs. That day would be of historical importance, if that day ever comes.

"I don't care what you do in your life but right now you know what kind of people we're dealing with and you're still being careless" his voice is harsh.

And I am not proud to admit that his words affect me. On a normal day, it won’t. But it’s not a normal day.

"You know what? Stop the car" I ordered.
Without any words, he pulls over to the side of the road.

I am shocked. I was expecting a full fight.
He really stopped the car?

"If that's what you want. I'm not here to babysit you" he says in a sharp tone.

"Like you can even do that" I scoff and step outside.

I don't need anyone to protect me.
This marriage is happening because it was my family who were involved.

But I can keep myself safe. That unconscious man now in custody Damien’s men is the proof.

I don't know who he was. He was wearing the familiar dark hood which made me suspicious if he was the same guy who gave me that box.

But to be honest, that stalker guy shouldn't have approached me in the first place.

I caught him taking my picture and when I confronted him, he grabbed my arm. I held my car keys and stabbed him in the side of his neck and punched him in the nose.

When I tried to remove my key from his flesh, it bent slightly.

I should have stabbed him with something different.

I roll my eyes as I shut the door behind me. I am so livid right now that I can strangle someone to death. Namely, Damien Erik.

We're still outside the city area and it is nearly 6 in the morning so there was no one on this dark street. A single working street light casting a dim spotlight, like in those horror movies.