Ch. 22 || Stranger

Zaria 🌹

Me and Cade walked outside, near the water fountain. "Thank you." I said as I relaxed my shoulders and took a moment to properly breathe in the misty air. The air has a slight chill that is soothing. 

Lucien sat beside me for dinner. He was talking about random things even though I had no interest in hearing one. Later, he started getting a little too touchy with me. He even whispered in my ear about how he missed my lips on his, and after that very moment, Cade came and rescued me as if he heard what Lucien said. 

"What the fuck does he want?" Cade grunt out. His face in pure rage, like he wants to kill Lucien right here and now. 

"God knows." I shrugged my shoulders and rested the fingers of my left hand on my forehead as another hand rested on my side hip. 

"I'll make him speak." Cade said and made angry steps towards the door inside. 

"Wait, no!" I called him out and he turned back. Facing me again he slightly shook his head, telling me to not stop him. 

"Cade, you can't just go in there and fight him." I tried to convince him.

"Yeah, that's why I'm going to kill him." He said in a promising tone and I believe that he will do just that. That’s why I need to stop him. 

"What about the family? What about Damien? Are you even thinking of what will happen next?" 

"Zaria, honestly I don't care. Lucien shouldn't have touched you!" He grits his teeth. "You should tell Damien about the kiss before I make my own decision and slaughter Lucien's throat." 

"Okay please calm down. I am planning to tell him. I will tell him soon." I try to convince him, which is true. I'm actually planning to tell Damien before the wedding, which is tomorrow so I'll have to tell him tonight.

“As much as I hate to admit, Lucien is Damien’s family and I don’t want to be the reason of that man’s death no matter how much I hate him.”

"And what about the thing you are hiding from me?" Cade asked. 

"What do you mean?" I asked him, wondering what he might be talking about. My mind is saying that he knows I'm lying about the letters but I won’t fall into the open trap and admit it until I know that’s what this is about. 

"Do you think I don't know you? You definitely lied that you bought those manuscripts from a flea market. Tell me the truth, Zaria, where did you get those and what have you gotten yourself into?" 

There was no point in lying now. 

"Okay, I'll tell you but not here. Somewhere where there is less of a chance of someone hearing us. Just outside the main door of the house is not the place." He obviously had been here many times before and knows his way around. 

He gestured towards the main entrance gate and we walked outside the villa. This street is just like Beverly hills but this villa is at the very end of the street.

Even the lights on this street look like they are specially designed to be placed here along with the large trees covering the houses of rich people in the back.