01 - If He Wanted To

U N E D I T E D

"She's got you mesmerized while I die."

- Heather by Conan Gray

"Tell him he's the biggest piece of shit to ever exist!"

Isagi sighed in relief as he watched the older woman in front of him say her final words before storming off. He could only roll his eyes at the sound of his friends' snickering from behind.

"Ohhh Yoichi having some lady problems?"

"Shut up Megs."

"Yeah Meguru, it's obviously not his problem."

"That pretty lady seemed like an Aiku problem."

"As if Yoichi can pull someone like that."

"I'm right here, in case you guys forgot." Isagi scowled at his three friends, suddenly feeling thankful that the last one was too lazy to even bother commenting.

Or so he thought.

"Isn't Oliver in a relationship with Y/n-nee?" 

Ah. How could he forget, Y/n practically raised his white-haired friend, so of course he'd be more interested in the topic. While he had nothing but respect for the older woman, he couldn't help but groan at the fact that she had been unintentionally the reason why Oliver's flings end up screaming their frustrations at him.

Oliver wasn't entirely intimidating, Isagi knew that the older man had received a slap here and there. But because of who he was, some of his previous partners just chose to avoid confronting him directly. Not that the older man would ever physically hurt a woman, but even if he doesn't, his words and nonchalant attitude were more than enough to cause damage.

Oliver's other friends fell in the same category, some more or less intimidating than the other. Which is why Isagi always ends up becoming the messenger. Oliver saw Isagi as a younger brother, anyone who knows them would be able to tell.

Oliver was a great brother figure off and on the field. But damn was he a terrible model when it comes to being someone's significant other.

"They're not together Sei." Reo answered before he could.

"They act like they're in a relationship."

"Pretty sure everyone sees that but them." Chigiri commented.

"So was that Oliver's girlfriend?" Nagi asked again.

"Probably not." Isagi replied this time. Fully knowing that Oliver would tell— more like warn— him beforehand that he's dating someone.

"They always scream at Yoichi huh?"

"Probably 'cause he's the nicest-looking one in Aiku-san's circle." Reo teased making the dark-haired boy scowl.

"I mean, can you see them pulling that shit on Sae-san?" Bachira joked.

"He'd probably just stand there without a care and wait for them to finish before walking off as if nothing happened." Chigiri replied, making Reo and Bachira laugh.

"That is if he'll even bother staying in the first place." Reo added, making the three laugh once again.

"Are you guys forgetting Yuki?" Isagi asked, catching the attention of his friends.