02 - Unspoken Rule

02 - Unspoken Rule

U N E D I T E D

"You get high and call on the regular,
I get weak and fall like a teenager."

— Everytime by Ariana Grande

Kenyu Yukimiya had a love-hate relationship with his friends.

They have been his greatest allies and supporters, he can't thank them enough for staying with him despite everything they've been through. Despite the arguments, fights, and the time he pushed them away and lashed out at them when he found out about his condition.

No person's a saint, people will always have a bad side despite how good they seem. His friends are the perfect example of that.

While he would gladly take a bullet for them and defend them whenever it's needed, he would also not stand with them when he knows they're in the wrong.

Like the time during Sae's fallout with his younger brother and Eita's cheating that ended bloody when Ryusei decided to physically teach Eita a lesson.

He knows when to tell them they're in the wrong. While Eita did change from his 13-year-old self, some of his ways still stuck around. Ways that he immediately calls out when he knows it's starting to hurt someone.

Entering his other friend.

Oliver Aiku.

While they originally started a trio— him, Tabito, and Eita, they soon become a much bigger circle when they met Sae, Ryusei, and Oliver. Yoichi came much later on, courtesy of Oliver himself.

While Oliver and Sae kept the blond's temperament and violent tendencies at bay, no one in their trio really talked about Oliver's relationship with women. Then when they all became closer, Tabito and Eita added to the fire by becoming Oliver's fuel— his enablers.

They were each other's enablers if he was being honest.

Sure, Oliver never really "cheated" on anyone but that was mostly because of the lack of label. And if it did have one, it ended fast and he could see that all dual-eyed boy did was the bare minimum.

He always wondered why Oliver's relationship never lasts. He even thought the boy just didn't know what to do in a relationship once the honeymoon phase was over. Whenever he says he has a girlfriend, the dual-eyed boy always looked excited. But it was always only at the beginning of the relationship.

Because Oliver always looked like it didn't bother him when it ended. He acted so nonchalantly and Yukimiya thought that maybe it was just his way of coping. Which he later realized that it wasn't.

He remembers asking Sae at some point, if he never once called out Oliver for his behavior.

And he was met with even more confusion with the answer he received, for a while that is.

"I already did, but nothing really changes. If you want him to change better ask his best friend to talk to him."

Yukimiya thought that it had only been the six of them in their circle so who was this best friend Sae was pertaining to? If they knew about Oliver why does he have to tell the person about his attitude? Couldn't they call him out? Especially if they have this much effect on him.

"She doesn't know. About what happens to Oliver's relationship or how he is with girls."

Sae answered without Yukimiya asking at that time. The redhead could see the confusion in the taller boy's eyes even without him speaking up. She? Yukimiya didn't even know that Oliver had other close friends outside their circle.