Chapter 5

[TRAVIS]

[TRAVIS]

"You what?!" Sam screamed on top of her voice, sending a plate of chips all over the place.

"Calm down!" Jonah said, brushing chips off his buzz cut.

"Did you hear her?!" Sam said, lowering her voice all the less as she pointed at Sky with apparent rage in her eyes.

"Come on, I just invited him to your party," Sky said, placing her head on her hands in frustration. The table felt overly full today, some chairs had been taken from other tables to create room.

"Did you hear her? Did you freaking hear her?!" Sam said, her face turning the shade of a tomato. I tensed up a bit, my ears hurt. How loud could she get?

"It's just a party," Sky defended, keeping her calm.

"A party I haven't sent invites to yet!" Sam complained, pouting. Apart from Jonah and Sky's comments, Sam was practically being ignored.

The whole cafeteria was giving our table questionable glances. Wells, apart from Alex's. I looked over at his table from the corner of my eyes, wondering why I hadn't exactly noticed it throughout my senior year. He was reading a book (as usual), his dark brown hair dripping over his forehead. I smiled when he blew some strands out of his eyes, that was... cute, okay? That kid from before was sitting next to him again, frantically writing down into a notebook. A last-minute assignment maybe?

"Dude, come back to us," I heard Jasper say as I got violently shaken.

"I'm here, dude stop!" I said, brushing Jasper's hand away.

"You weren't here a minute ago," Jonah commented giving me a weird look. I brushed it off, picking at the chips on my plate. It's weird enough Alex made me feel funny. I don't have to tell them.

"Anyway... Travis, tell Sky it's not fair!" Sam screeched making me look up at her. Why was she dragging me into this?

"Sam, get over it, I'll just have to keep him out of your way in the party," Sky said, rolling her eyes. I couldn't agree more, Sam was being a baby about the whole thing.

"I agree with Sky," I said, making Sam sigh in defeat.

"Fine, just keep him away from me!" Sam said, returning to her phone - typical.

The rest of the day went by fast, though, the classes were boring. Half the time I wondered why I didn't have any classes with Alex. I mean, Sky had literature and Arts with him.

I was in the last period being restless and hoping that class would end. I had a history assignment I was hoping Alex could put me through. I blushed, realizing I had sort of started looking forward to our tutoring session, although most of what he does is do whatever he had to do then ignore me. I was weird, considering it was meant to be the other way around.