Chapter 9

[TRAVIS]

[TRAVIS]

I waved my teammates goodbye before heading for the school parking lot.

"Invite him to the game. I don't want him to be suspicious."

I sighed remembering Sam's words. How was I supposed to talk to someone who had practically ignored me throughout yesterday and today? I bit my lip thinking back to Sam's plan. She wanted me to make him fall for me, but I can't help thinking it's happening the other way around.

"Travis! There you are!" I heard Sky scream from across the parking lot making me turn her way. She was beside her red Ford waiting to pick me up.

The guys had planned this hang in a place quite close to Sky's place, which was pretty far from mine, so I decided to follow her home to cut the journey in half.

"Hey," I said when I came within earshot of her car.

"What took you so long? Alex and I have been waiting here like forever," She said, rolling her eyes as she opened the door to the driver's seat.

Alex? I thought, raising a brow.

"Are you just going to stand there?" a voice said from within the car. Looking closer, I saw Alex balanced in the passenger seat, book in hand. I shook my head, opening the back door before getting in.

The ride was quiet, well until Alex tuned to radio to a station where Adam Lambert's 'Your entertainment' was playing. I shook my head smirking to myself.

"We're here," Sky said, bringing the car to a stop. It was a regular white duplex identical to the rest of the estate.

We got out and headed to her home, it was just like Sky normal on the outside and not so normal on the inside. Alex walked about the living room, observing the small statues and relief works hanging on the walls and tables.

"My dad's a bit of a collector," Sky said, shrugging as I felt the ancient looking curtains with my hand.

"He has good taste, is this an akuaba doll from Ghana?" Alex asked, squatting to take a look at the ugly legless figurine on a side table.

"Yeah, there are a bunch of those everywhere, they're supposed to bring prosperity and fertility..." Sky trailed, approaching Alex before squatting beside him.

I turned away a bit disturbed by their closeness. Did Sky like him that way? Somehow the thought alone made me paranoid.

"Travis, do you want something too?" Sky said, making me snap out of my thoughts.

"Err... what?" I asked, releasing the curtain that was still in my hands.

"Do you want anything to drink?" Sky asked getting up. Her red curly hair was behind an Alice band today. She also had camouflage high waist trousers with a plain white crop top.