Chapter 7

[TRAVIS]

[TRAVIS]

The weekend had been long, but not long enough.  I thought as I stood face to face with Sam at my locker on Monday morning.

"Err..." I trailed before opening my locker. I could feel her eyes boring holes into the back of my head.

"Travis we need to talk," I heard Sam say as she took a hold of my shoulder.

"Talk about what? There's nothing to talk about—" 

"Don't act dumb, after school, okay? I don't want to ruin your day," she said before walking away. I don't want to ruin your day? What does that even mean?

I took the books I needed out my locker, for the first time I'm not planning on being late. I don't feel like talking to anyone today, and thank goodness I don't share a class with Alex... Urg! The thought of the bastard made me want to kill myself.

I shut my eyes in an attempt to calm myself. I couldn't believe he'd been so subtle about the whole thing. I groaned shaking my head. It had been a thorn in my side all weekend.

Walking into math I took my usual seat in the back, the majority of the class wasn't even there yet. I took out my math textbook and the printed note sheets of what Alex emailed to me.

Alex. I brought my hands to my head, groaning. Why did he have to do that? Why did he have to break down my already weak defense system? I should be mad that he kissed me but, I'm mad that he brushed it off like it was nothing.

He has a boyfriend. A voice said in my head, which I decided to ignore. I should have thought of that, before, you know.

"You're here already?" I heard Jasper say as he took his seat beside me.

"Uh huh," I said trying to avoid further conversation. The rest of the class had started to come in. The teacher was a middle-aged small structured female. I kinda liked her, she wasn't as cranky as the other teachers, *cough* *cough* Miss Smith.

"You have notes, since when?" Jasper asked. I turned to find his wide eyes glued to the printed sheets.

"Since a while ago," I said, tucking them beneath my textbook as I shrugged.

"The tutoring is paying off, isn't it?" Jasper said, sighing before returning to his own work. Math wasn't as alien, and as hard as it had been throughout the semester. Alex's notes were really detailed yet simplistic. In the sense that they had everything I need to know, but it didn't look like a complicated instruction manual.

Class passed by until it slowed down during history (Why does this always happen?) My eyes were fixated on the wall clock until class finally ended and it was time for lunch break. Walking through the halls I meet up with Jonah, Jasper, and Tony. We walked into the lunch hall together, and grabbed our lunches.