Chapter 8

[ALEXANDER]

[ALEXANDER]

"Is something wrong?" I heard Chris ask. I shut my book before looking down at my lap where his head was rested. He was reading a book of his own. We had been like this for the past two hours. Reading and keeping the silence. It was something we both liked.

"Yes, how come you noticed?" I asked. I didn't lie to Chris and Chris didn't lie to me, not even the seemingly 'necessary' white lies. Chris sighed, shutting his own book.

"You haven't flipped a page in thirty minutes." I shrugged, letting a hand caresses his dark hair.

"What is it?" Chris asked closing his eyes as I continued to pet his hair.

"It's that Travis person. I've initiated a game I don't want to finish," I sighed, looking out the window at the corner. The paleness of the sky already told me it was evening. I hope Chris doesn't notice I want him to stay over.

"Why don't you want to play anymore?" Chris muttered.

"It was too easy. It was as if he was hoping it would happen." I sighed, using my thumb to lightly open one of Chris' closed eyes.

"Are you listening?" I asked as Chris's lips broke into a grin.

"Of course I am."

"So, what do you think?" I asked letting his eye close back.

"Play, but not too much. I might just get jealous," Chris warned as his green eyes flew open. I laughed leaning over to kiss him. There was something that drew me to Chris that I couldn't explain. Maybe because we were both supposed to be crazy?

"I won't," I promised, breaking the kiss.

"Good," Chris said, smiling up at me. I remember how I met Chris. It was at a tour in his university, there weren't any introductions just quite glances and smirks. Two weeks after that an unknown number called. Chris had told me his name, and that he loved me. Such bluntness intrigued me and agreed to go on an outing with him. We went out to see a movie together. The talk we had afterward was enough to tell me we were going to be seeing more of each other.

"Mind adjusting the pillow behind you?" Chris asked. I rolled my eyes moving the pillow in place. From the time I've known Chris, I discovered he had an addictive personality, leading to the slight OCD he displayed.

I smiled. Well, what do you know? Apart from having the usual things in common, we were also both proclaimed nuts.

"It's what people say when they don't get you, give your personality or intellect a fancy name and call it an illness."

Chris had said one afternoon as we lay side by side on my bed talking. I had looked at him agreeing with a slight nod. I had it in records that I was a sociopath with bipolar tendencies, but I didn't feel crazy.

"I'm serious Alex," Chris suddenly said, sitting up.

"Don't play around too much," Chris said leaning over to kiss my forehead. Chris knew I liked to play with people, mess with their little image of themselves, turning it upside down or completely break it. It was something I started doing a little bit after I entered high school. There are more ways to deal with a snob or a bully than one.