•Dumbledore's Last Will•

[Thought ]
[Spell ]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y/N: If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing here, Minister?
He asked coldly.

Scrimgeur glared at him, before taking a sealed parchment out from his pocket.

They all looked at it.

Y/N: And that's what, exactly?
He asked, giving him a puzzled look.

Scrimgeur put on a pair of glasses, as the parchment unsealed itself, and stood mid-air in front of the wizard.

Scrimgeur cleared his throat.

Scrimgeur: What follows, is but an extract from Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore's Last Will and Testament.
He said, finally gaining their full attention.

Scrimgeur: To Ronald Bilius Weasley, I leave my Deluminator, a device of my own creation, in the hope that when things seem most dark, it will show him light.
He said.

Then, he proceeded to take out what looked like a silver tool, very much similar to a lighter, and handed it to a shocked Ron.

Ron: He really did leave me this?
He asked.

Scrimgeur just shrugged.

Then, Ron activated it, and to everyone's surprise, all the sources of light inside the room had been sucked into the object.

After activating it again, the light returned back to its original spot, lighting the room once more.

Ron: Blimey.
He said, genuinely surprised.

Scrimgeur looked at him.
Scrimgeur: What was your relationship with him, Mr Weasley? Why would he leave you something so... Unique?
He asked.

Ron just shrugged.
It clearly wasn't the answer Scrimgeur was expecting, but he proceeded to read again.

Scrimgeur: To Hermione Jean Granger, I leave my copy of the tales of Beedle the Bard, in the hope that she finds it entertaining and Illuminating.
He said.

With that, he took a small, ragged book, and passed it to Hermione.

Scrimgeur: Why do you thing Dumbledore wanted to leave you this?
He asked.

Hermione: Well... Probably because he knew I like books.
She simply said, chuckling awkwardly.

Scrimgeur nodded, before going back to reading.

Scrimgeur: To Harry James Potter, I leave the Snitch he caught in his first Quidditch Match at Hogwarts, as a reminder of the rewards of Perseverance and Skill.
He said.

With that, he took a silk handkerchief, and carefully passed a golden snitch to Harry, who took it.

They all looked at him, hesitantly.

Harry: Is this all?
He asked.

Scrimgeur: I'm not done yet.
He said, adjusting his glasses, as he proceeded to read the last part of the testament.

Scrimgeur: To Y/N Albus Potter, my faithful disciple and student, I leave my beloved Phoenix, in hope that he can be of help to him when facing danger, and in hope that whenever he looks at him, my memory will revive in his mind once more.
He said.

In that exact moment, a blinding red light filled the room.

When it faded away, Fawkes was there, gently standing on Y/N's shoulder.

Y/N looked at him in awe, as some tears filled his eyes.

Y/N: Thank you, Professor.
He thought, as he gently caressed the Phoenix's head.

Fawkes leaned in his touch, as Scrimgeur looked at Y/N.

Scrimgeur: Why do you think Dumbledore would go as far as gifting you his very own pet?
He asked.

Y/N looked at him.
Y/N: I don't want to sound rude, but I don't think I have to justify myself to you of all people.
He said, making him flinch.

Y/N: Now, are we done, or is there something else? We were just celebrating our birthday, and we're not done yet.
He hissed.

Scrimgeur glared at him.
Scrimgeur: Dumbledore also left you and your brother Godric Gryffindor's sword. However-
He was about to say, when Hermione cut him off.

Hermiome: However? That's Harry and Y/N's sword!
She said.

Scrimgeur shook his head.
Scrimgeur: Not quite, Mrs Granger. The sword can be wielded by a brave Gryffindor. That, however, doesn't give them priority over it. And even if it was the case, the whereabouts of the sword are currently unknown. It vanished the same moment Dumbledore left this world.
He said.

Y/N: Are you done now, Minister?
He asked.

Scrimgeur: Not yet-
He was about to say, when Y/N cut him off.

Y/N: I think we already told you, didn't we? We won't collaborate with the Ministry. Not after they made me look like a psycho and a maniac in search of attention just because I was telling the truth! Now, if you don't mind, I've had enough of seeing your face for today. Goodbye.
He hissed venomously, as he got up and stormed outside, with Fawkes lazily sleeping on his shoulder.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
778 words.