~7~

I said goodbye as my friends left to go back to their houses. It was pretty lonely here, not many neighbors.. but that's what happens when you choose to live in a unpopulated area. I sighed and sat at my kitchen table.

I pulled out my phone and texted my mother.

Hey mom, where are you?
Sent at 2:30
Read at 2:34

We might not be home until next month or so.
Sent 2:50
Read 2:51

I frowned and walked to the park. I walked to the small café nearby. I ordered coffee and smiled. I got my coffee and sat at a table in the corner. I pulled out my phone and texted Jimmy for a while. He was confused on why I was texting him, but I didn't really explain it to him. I finished my coffee and left the café.

I walked through the park picking a few flowers and then walked back to my house. I made something quick to eat before going to my room to work on some homework. I finished all my work and laid on my bed.

I sighed and just went to bed. I fell asleep pretty quickly. I slept through the night and woke up the next day to my alarm. I yawned and sat up. I showered and got dressed.

I ate breakfast and started walking to school. As soon as I got to school I noticed Jimmy and Lizzie standing with a taller female.

"Hey Jim!" I yelled, walking up to them.

"Hey Scott, where's your mom?" He asked. I was confused.

"Today we're supposed to bring our mother's to school." Lizzie explained. I pulled out my phone and saw the notification from the school. I then frowned.

"She wasn't able to make it, she's out of town with my brother." I said softly. Lizzie gave me a worried look.

"Scott.. are your parents ever around..?" She asked. I looked at her.

"Not really.. they go on business trips and what not." I smiled softly.

341 words :)