Chapter 11- Izzy the Elve

Warnings- Talk of arranged marriages.

_________________________

"The quidditch practice is after break right?" someone says towards James who nods with a grin "Yup we are going to beat those snakes tomorrow just watch!"

"You need to try and eat something" Siruis whisper a concerned husk in his tone as I stayed tense the moment my brother left the hall Mucliber and his group wasn't long after. Regulus along with them as I felt burning gazes from the long table of Slythrines while I also felt someone else's eyes although they weren't filled with hatred.

Professor McGonagall sat watching me with a questioning stare, concern, and confusion mixed in her gaze as others around whispered about my new presence.

"How is your hand?" Remus asks pulling me out of my thoughts and offering me some food but I shake my head.

Trying to eat with the whole hall watching me was too much. Even the Hufflepuff table whispered loudly next to us "It's okay" I say looking down at my hand as Lily offered me more juice.

I grip the cup shakily the drink helping me keep steady me as I move the cup to my mouth drinking even though I felt like my stomach was ready to burst but it helped hide my nerves and avoid questions from people I hardly knew.

"We will rebandage it tonight" Lily smiles and I nod drinking another sip as whispers around begin quietening making me pause and take another sip.

"Miss Snape" a voice has my hand shaking more almost dropping the cup as Sirius is quick to grab it passing Remus a look past me before everyone turns to the new figure looming over our seats.

"Professor" I greet worriedly making his gaze soften "would you mind coming to speak to me in my office?"

"Professor Dumbledore" Sirius stands but he shakes his head "no I need to speak with Miss Snape alone" he says gesturing for me to get up and I reluctantly do.

I stand Remus helping me up as I can't help but shake but notice a new pair of footsteps walking towards us.

My eyes meet Professor McGonagall who smiles in my direction "there is nothing to worry about you are not in trouble" she promises as Dumbledore walks a head first so she gestures for me to follow and I do looking back at my mates with uneasiness.

James makes a move to stand but Frank stops him as the whispering in the hall begins again.

We walk quietly in the hall as Dumbledore takes the lead. I walk next to Professor McGonagall twitching my fingers under James's blazer finding comfort in his smell even as we pass Lucious and Crabbe both watching in deep talk as they whisper quiet enough for us not to hear as we come towards a big stoned bird standing in the hall.

"Ladies first" Dumbledore offers as McGongall remarks offering for me to take the first and I do looking back when suddenly the bird moves lifting from the floor and creating a twirling staircase which I follow up.

My heart races as Dumbledore was no longer behind us but instead already at the top as we step into his office which I had only been in once before.

'Welcome Miss Snape it's finally nice to meet you' he says as I can't help but shake Mama glares at me silently tutting in warning as I try to look around but her presence was heavy next to mine.

'Please take a seat' Dumbledore says trying to ease my shyness as I sit Mama sit next to me as she gives him a fake smile sitting back 'so I wanted to meet to go over concerns I have for my daughter in attending here'

"Please take a seat" Dumbledore's voice pulls me back as I look at a large bird that sat on a wooden stand its red eyes following me as McGongall takes the seat next to mine sitting where Mama once sat.