Implement

Tim POV:

Walking into the Mid-Wilshire station with my head held high despite my entire world falling around me. Mentally preparing a strategy to whatever was going to be thrown at us. Whoever has Lucy has her for a reason, it's up to us - the cops- to figure that out, along with finding her. 

The only lead we had was the hotel room and that brought us nowhere. Sweat beading along my forehead in a fluster of panic. 'I'm going to find you Lucy' ringing throughout my head.

Without making a yard into the building a ring emulates from the phone resting in my pocket. Reaching for it, and my heart stops for a quick moment. The hope given to me is enough to last the amount of time it takes me to inhale a shaky breath. The all too familiar number of the hospital shining back at me.  'It's Lucy, they have her' I optimistically exhale and accept the call. 

"Tim Bradford." I announce as I answer the phone. 

 "Hello, I'm calling from Douglas Shaw Memorial Hospital there was a breakout about an hour and a half ago by one of our patients. Rebecca Wright. She escaped security's custody." The receptionist describes to me.

"I apologize, but that's a concern for a 911 call, not mine personally." I lean my back against the wall in exhaustion. More problems added to my plate, 'great.'

"No Officer Bradford, it's more than that. The patient charts of both Officer Chen and Rebecca matched almost perfectly." She stumbles in her delivery, noticeably trying not to upset me.

"What are you talking about?" Anger fueling my words as I spit them out. My hopes of finding her were rising and falling every hour, anger was inevitable. Plus I'm not a doctor so patient charts mean almost nothing to me

Except a year and a half ago, when every nerve in my body hoped Lucy's patient cart displayed negative for HIV, and any other combinations of transmittable infection from the hypodermic needle she endured. An entire hypocritical facade trying to distract her from the fear she felt for herself only increased how terrified I felt for her. 

"Well... it's tough to explain but Rebecca also has the same tattoos from the date Officer Chen was last treated ." 

My heart stops. Her DOD tattoo. Her neck tattoo. Holy Fucking Shit.