He's here

I started to get seriously worried when mysterious "guests" started wandering around our circus.

First, it was the ginger lady. She was a short, chubby girl who came to see Dante. She seemed weird, so I had to eavesdrop, and I heard some interesting things.

"He's here. I know it. I feel it. Caspar is here." 

"You don't think he's here for..."

"Yes. He's here for him."

Then, Dante closed the door, and the conversation ended for me. I don't think it's safe to say I'm not scared. Looks like we will be meeting Caspar soon, and I'm afraid it will not be pleasant. 

Except in the first night, I've only heard whispers about him. They say he's bad. They say he's evil. They say he's Satan himself, but I don't believe them. Everyone who has a name as pathetic as Caspar or Casper isn't any menace to society.

______________

!!!!Aric's POV!!!!

Everyone thinks it's hard to keep the silence. But, in my dreams, I can talk.

At first, it was hard to pick a voice, but I picked the one who suited me the best, deep, harsh, and unfriendly.

I changed it over time, making it a bit warmer, and learned how to fully control it. Now, in my dreams, I feel human.

He smirks and continues to stir some sugar in his tea. He sits on the couch in front of me with his legs crossed, looking at me like a cat would look at a mouse. But it's my dream. I can kick him out whenever I want.

"I'm glad you allowed me to come in." He says, pouring some milk in my coffee. "I really thought you wouldn't, giving how much you love Legend."I giggle. I bet he doesn't know.

"The correct form of the verb is loved."

He tilts his head in confusion. A lot had happened since he left. It's been a while since the last time we talked, and I've missed him just a little bit.

"I've already discussed this with Jacks. In exchange, he's going to give you three things, but after all of this is done."

Even though I would have preferred to get it in advance, I have to say it's a fair trade. I have to betray the man who raised me. It will be easy. He's wronged me so many times that all of the sympathy I had for him is gone. He smiles when he sees I'm thinking about it.

"I hope you won't change your mind, Aric. You know you're making the best decision. For you. For me. For all of us. Just say yes, and it's a deal."

I'm tempted, to be honest. I can finally wish for a normal life, normal parents, and I'll still have one left.

"We'll keep this between us, but what will you wish for?"

"Well, I'll wish to be a human, I'll wish to have a voice, and I don't know about the last one."

He laughs like he already knows what's going through my mind right now, and he probably does. I've asked him for a favor a few days ago, so it's inevitable.

"You can wish for him. What was his name? Ah! Casper! You did ask me to make Dante say those things after their kiss. Because you were afraid. The lion. The king of the animal kingdom, scared of a big cat!"

He likes to tease me, but I don't care. I like to tease him more.

"Are you jealous of your little cousin?" I whimper, and he stops. "Do you want to kiss me? I know you want to." He looks at me, and his silence is an answer. "Oh, lord, you do!"

His face turns a light shade of red, and he throws his tea on me.

"Don't change the subject."

"OK, so what would you like to talk about?"

He raises his eyebrows, and his top hat slipps an inch or so, revealing his voluminous, black hair. He uncrosses his legs, making more obvious how skinny he is. But essences are kept in small bottles, and he's the essence of hell.

"Why are you two doing this? Why do you want to kill Dante?"

His blue eyes sparkle brighter as he smiles. He still hasn't gotten rid of his tapping on the table tic.

"Well, for Jacks, it's obvious. Because of Evangeline."

He stands up to leave. He hasn't fully answered the question.

"And you? Why do you want to kill Dante?"

"Me?" He giggles, putting his coat back on. "I'm just bored."