Safe

*Japeth's POV*

When we found her in the forest, she was freezing, but trying to keep him warm and alive with her whole will, the bottom part of her dress wrapped around his hurt leg.

I didn't know he was Caspar. Dante told me that, and I helped him tye him up. I know I shouldn't feel bad for him, but he looks like he's done something for her. Otherwise, I don't think she'd help him. She wouldn't be that soft and dumb. Right?

They both have lost a lot of blood, and none of them is conscious. Perhaps he fainted first. She was wrapped around him tighter than his provisory bandages. We cleaned her wounds but didn't do the same for his. We need the whole story before doing so, although I'm not quite sure if he will make it without any help, but Dante knows better.

Yes, I teamed up with Dante before coming to the ball. He saw one of my fliers and decided to contact me, saying he knows where Casper is, but he needs my help, wallet, and my people to find her.  Turns out he didn't actually want the last two options.

She's so fragile I feel I could accidentally break her if I make one wrong move. Dante let me sleep in her bed last night, in case she needed help. She slept in my arms like a little child the whole night, and now she gives signs of waking up.

"Where am I?" She sighs, slowly getting up and smiling. "Japeth, where's Caspar?"

I smile. She is beautiful, with her big, doe eyes and messy hair. I want to kiss her right now, but if Dante finds out, I'll be dead.

"Calm down. He's OK. Or I guess so."

I look at the blanket and at my pillow. I left some mascara traces on them, but she doesn't seem to notice.

"Did you take good care of him? Have you given him clean clothes?"

I giggle, thinking about the last part. Of course not.

________________

*Caspar's POV*

The last thing I remember is the joy of finding her before him. If he had done it, she wouldn't have been here.

I know Jacks was my boss, but love always comes first. When I saw him with the knife against her neck, I saw red in front of my eyes, and then I remember finding her and fainting.

It's not a problem. I'd die over and over, not knowing if I'll ever get another life, just so I know she's safe. I open my eyes, and I feel cold.

I look down, and I understand. It's been a while since I last saw my almost naked body. I saved her, and the perverts have left me only in my underwear. I sigh, thinking about my brand new shoes. Guess I'll never get to see them again.

Thankfully, the ropes aren't properly tied, so I untie myself pretty quickly. Dante. He's the one who brought me here. He's the only person I know who actually fails to make a figure 8 knot. I tried to teach him, but he's way too dumb to understand.

The room I'm in is surprisingly bright, and we're no longer in the North. We're somewhere next to the seaside. I'm so close that I can see the waves smashing to the black boulders next to the beach, and I wish I could go there right now.

The door opens, and Sophie enters. I wonder how her brother is doing. She has a blank, cold look on her face, and she's carrying a tray of food for me. She clearly hasn't forgiven me, so I let her go without saying anything.

I take a small bowl from the tray and a fork. Only last week, I had Casper in my hands, and I was getting ready to marry her. Now, she could make me her slave if she wanted to. I couldn't disobey her. I eat the chopped up fruits thinking about Jacks. He will pay for this. I know it very well.