Win and lose

*Anonymous POV*

I can't believe I stood so close to her. I could feel the magic pounding in her veins like I hadn't before. If you let me say it, she's mine. I want every single piece of her.

____________

*Aric's POV*

I love how it's going, though I'm afraid we might have rushed just a little.

Someone knocks on the door. I rush to open it since I can't yell Enter! I might have just roasted myself, but it doesn't matter.

It's him. He is trying to tell me something, his face ghosty pale. I woke up a few minutes ago, so I'm not fully aware of what he's doing.

As soon as he hands me the piece of paper and seems shocked when I don't react, I know I fucked up. I read it again, and I pretended to be surprised this time. I have to be credible.

I grab a pen, and I write next to it. Jacks's handwriting is sharp and elegant. I envy him.

It's going to be OK. I promise we will help him. Don't worry. Dante is a strong man, and he will go through it.

He is trembling. I feel bad, but not so bad that I regret the things I did. And then, he does something unexpected. He... hugs me.

"I'm scared."

I'm not. I try to hug him back, and I think it kind of worked. And it feels quite nice. I feel his tears wetting my shirt while I pinch my hand as hard as I can. It's the best way to make yourself cry.

I think he's cute. I feel I love his eyes, his hair, his lips, and every single part of him. I feel I love him from head to toe, from his biggest flaw to his biggest quality. I don't know why. I just feel the need to admit it to you.

You know, when I asked Caspar to control Dante? I did it because I was scared of losing him. I was scared he'll take him away from me. But he didn't, because I was precaute.

He looks up at me; in the corner of his eyes, teardrops are sparkling like the circus lights I adore. I didn't want to do it. I leaned just a little bit, and he raised on his tiptoes. I put my arm around his waist, leaning a little more.

His lips taste like cherries and dreams. I feel... weird.

I straighten my back and turn around, not letting him see my face. I don't want to alarm him. I try to take a deep breath and then face him. He's smiles, and I try to smile back. I start coughing.

"Aric, are you ok?" He asks, trying to put his hand on my shoulder. I nod.

I cough again, this time louder. I look in my palm. Blood. It's fun, but I can't stand on my feet anymore...

If you betray, you will be betrayed without any doubt. Caspar's voice echoes into the room. Can Casper hear him?

I tried to stay on my feet, but now, I collapse on the ground. The last thing I saw was Casper, standing above me before the darkness came.

"Stand up, Aric. I can't lose you, too."