xiv

tw: fake blood and graphic flashbacks

also i messed up on chichi's location so everyone pretend she went from ny to atl to ny to atl cause i literally have no idea how to fix that LMFAO

-🂠🃑🃁🂱🂡-

It was Jojo's decision to make the "Aimed to Kill" music video production commence as soon as her feet landed at the JFK airport. It made her reluctant to come back, but, she wanted to ensure her new kittens didn't get used to the babysitter over her.

The flight was rather dull, with an occasional laugh alongside Teddy, who had accompanied her on the trip back. Marcela drove down to Florida to finalize the payment for her new house. The two New Yorkers decided to share an Uber together, with her studio apartment as the first stop.

The driver parked in front of a fire hydrant in front of the home, and Teddy helped get her suitcase.

"You sure you don't want me to come with you?" Chiara honestly asked. "That's a long trip by yourself."

Teddy shook his head as he handed her suitcase over. "You already paid for the trip. And anyway, you'd have to travel upstate with me and come back. I'd never make you do that."

"I'd like to, though."

"That's 3 whole hours to and another back," he huffed with a smile. "I'll be okay, I promise." He stared up at her apartment complex and admired her in awe. "So this is the famous ChiChi apartment? I'm guessing you live at the top."

She hesitantly nodded. "Yeah. Speaking of which, you should get out of here before paps come and think we're together."

His smile turned loop-sided as he was motioned back into the Uber. "Oh, okay. Is that such a bad thing?"

He placed a hand over her's that held the door propped open. She quickly retracted and stepped back. "You... don't know how relentless they can be. No one wants to be a part of that, I swear."

"I would," he murmured, thinking she couldn't hear him. Instead, Chiara gave him a lousy shoulder bump and stepped onto the curb.

"Get home safe, okay?" she stuttered. "Text me when you make it." The smile in his eyes dimmed as he nodded and began closing the door. Without thinking, Chiara grabbed the top of the door and swung it back open. Teddy's eyes widened at the gesture. "Would you... uh, like to be in a music video that I'm shooting tomorrow? It's dumb, but, my manager's been planning it since we landed and-"

"I'd love to, Chiara," he cut off her ramble with a soft acceptance. "Tell me when, and I'll be there." Content, Chiara finally let go and walked off onto the sidewalk. She watched the Uber drive off, and once it was out of view, she sighed to herself. She didn't move into her apartment until she heard feet shuffling around the corner and the sound of cameras clicking together, hanging off someone's chest.

-🂠🃑🃁🂱🂡-

"You called who?" Chiara yelled in shock as Jojo sat there, nonchalant.

"Why are you so surprised? You said you wanted to use this music video as a way to give back, so, I called someone who makes a living off of giving money away for shits and giggles." He took a sip of his coffee while Chiara sat there, mouth agape.

"B-but, Mr. Beast? Shit, I could've given my money away if it really mattered. We didn't need him," she groaned into her hands. "He's interacted with me as Ara, Jo. And some of his friends are my friends as Ara. This is... risky."