Chapter 21

It's been a week after the little incident. I had media training and we established that one of the senior girls would always be present for my interviews. It's been pretty quiet. I haven't talked to anyone online other than a few of the international girls and Ona who I'm playing to see after the Man Utd game today.
We are currently on the bus up to Manchester and I'm sitting by myself until gio sits next to me. I take off my headphones to listen to what she's going to say. "Look y/n i know it's not the right time or place but will you go out with me when we get back to London, I know I have to compete with Ona and that's okay just give me a chance" gio says looking a bit nervous and I don't blame her. " yes I will go out with you but I can't give you an answer of my choice yet I hope you know that and I'm sorry for that" I say "I do and thank you" gio reply's.

She leaves and I put my headphones in again I zone out as per usual until we get to the woman's stadium. Not many are here as we are really early to have time to wake up and have a little rest before the game. We had a long pitch inspection before the Man Utd team arrived.

After a view minutes they came out to us and Ona walked over to me "so it will be nice to play against u guapa , best of luck you will need it" Ona says in a to die for Spanish accent. " love the nickname and we don't need any luck" we laugh around for a bit before going back inside to our own teams. Gio just looks at me and gives me a smile. My things are next to lotte and pelova so that's where I go to sit. I start to get ready while the team is being called out.
Zinsberger
Wienroither, rafaelle , Williamson , Katie
Mannum ,y/n , wälti
Beth, Viv, Pelova

So there is a few changes to last week and I'm still starting which I am grateful for. We go over the game plan about playing it quick and stopping Ona from doing her crosses so press on her quickly. We go out for the warm up and everyone is zoned in. We go back into the dressing room than wait in the tunnel and than walk out. Take the team photo and get ready for kick off. I'm excited I don't know why but I am. We know we have to win there's only a few more matches before the season ends and than I get to spend the summer watching the euros.
Kick off starts we get tip. We play around for a little bit waiting for a gap until one appears infront of me I got to keep running until outside the box where I took a shot and hit it over the bar. Mary took her long goal kick up to Ella who passed it onto alessia who took a shot who just got it wide. The game was back and forth until half time. On the way into the dressing room I couldn't figure out how we would score , I have no ideas. Jonas just tells us to be patient and be more critical. He brings on foord for Pelova and nobbs for wälti.( I know that Jordan isn't here anymore but I don't care and if u do than make something up) we go back onto the pitch. And it stayed pretty much the same until the last 5 mins. Jordan somehow won a header it came over to me when I volleyed it to Beth who was outside the box. Beth put full power into it and smashed the side of the net. Before she goes off celebrating. We were lucky the game stayed that way until the end. We signed some autographs and took some pictures.
I decided to just sit down in the middle of the pitch. Just being thankful for even getting this far. I heard someone lying down next to me. "Stunning isn't it" I heard Ona say. I just laugh "trying to get me to come here?" "Worth a shot" she shrugged. I turned my head to look at her finding that she was already looking at me. " Nosotras deberiamos salir alguna vez" I say questionable (we should go out sometime) Ona looks at me with a smile "your learning Spanish? It's cute and yes I'll go out with you, what about today I know ye are staying the night in a hotel" I nodded we agreed she would pick me up and all the small details.
We shortly after head back to our own teams and back to the hotel.

_____________________________

Who will u choose at the end? Who should she end up with? Honestly I don't know myself yet so let me know.