Chapter 30

(Skip to after last group stage game)
It is now after last group stage game. We have qualified to the quarter final vs Spain. We beat Norway 8-0 and Northern Ireland 5-0 and somehow we got so unlucky with both Jordan and Ella being injured. Jordan is out for the rest of the tournament. Ella should only be out for the next few days which is some good news. I still haven't gotten any minutes and I probably won't now but it's fine. As long as we keep winning I don't want to mess it up.
When we are up in saint George's park we celebrate being in the quarter finals, it's a good achievement but we know this match will be extremely difficult. Me and Ona have been messing around joking who will win etc. It's quite nice, I get interrupted by my thoughts when I feel an arm around my waist. "Hey what are you thinking about" I turn and see it's lessi. "Nothing much really just thinking about this" I reply looking straight at her. Her eyes are so mesmerising. But I can't do anything anyway she's straight and I can't decide between Ona and gio it's way too messy already. Some of the other girls come over and we have a nice talk until we see Jordan and Ella come into the room. Jordan tore her acl and Ella has a muscle strain or something. Some tears are shed mostly by Jordan as an acl tear is going to put her out for a few months.

The next day we go out to training trying people in different positions and places as we have 2 key players out so it's hard to put players in without changing the formation of the team. The whole routine of : eat train sleep repeat. Happens for the next few days until today. Today is the day before the quarter finals vs Spain in the other quarter finals it's Sweden and Belgium which is on today at 8 and we all will be watching it. We are out training and we have a few possible solutions for our injury issue, either Leah coming in as a defensive midfielder and Lotte in the back than or bring alessia into a attacking midfielder position only to go forward. We try both a lot and I don't know which one I rather either we go more defensive or attacking, luckily it's not my issue to pick a team. Training is cut short as leah, Beth and sarina have media for a while so we have free time we all just choose to chill and make some TikTok's which we do. Mary's TikTok is constantly being uploaded along with Millie's.

The girls eventually come back and we go for dinner and than head to the cinema room where we will watch the match. I'm sitting next to the arsenal gals in the middle of the room. It's been weird for me and I think leah knows this , over the past few weeks really I haven't touched my phone except to talking to Ona and an instagram post. I for some reason talk less and I'm not sure what's wrong with me. My dad is better my mom still doesn't talk to me. But I'm at the euros I should be delighted. I get cut from my thoughts with the commentary for the match being turned up. Everyone is watching even most of the staff.

With Sweden having a goal ruled out and multiple yellow cards being given out. Sweden play the ball around well, they like to play with a lot of possession. Until the last minute when Linda Sembrant scores a scrappy goal and Belgium were so unlucky not to score. When it finishes we watch the interviews and the players celebrate until sarina stands up from her seat looks around, clears her throat for people to listen and says "y/n come to my office please" and walks out. I just sit there. "Kid what did u do" rach laughs questionably. I shrug my shoulders and look to Leah. "You should go you will be alright she says"

I nod at her and stand up and my legs take me to her office. I give a small knock and enter when she says I can. "Take a seat y/n" she says while pointing at the seat infront of her. I do as she says and reply "have I done anything wrong?" I say not knowing where this conversation is going.

__________________________

Did sarina notice her being off? Is she allowed to stay for the euros?

And Barcelona winning yesterday acc made my day losing 2-0 than winning. What a game. And Lucy speaking Spanish, nearly missing the flight, love it. Also seeing Jana and Jill together. Jill -> Barca soon? She would love to anyway.