𝗚𝗢𝗛𝗔𝗡 // 𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱

" Take you by the hand, you're the only one who understands. "
-UNDERSTAND by keshi

Gohan smiled from across the table, typing on his computer.

The scent of sweet pastries and coffee filled our noses as we sat in the small café, the rays of the early morning sun from the window hitting his face just right.

I sighed happily. My hand rested on my cheek, my elbow holding my face up from falling onto the clean table.

" So, Y/n.. What are you gonna do after high-school? "

He looked up from his computer, noticing how I was admiring him before he glanced at me. I quickly stared into my cup if coffee, looking at my reflection as a small blush spread across my face.

" I-Uh— I was thinking of maybe being a artist, or a therapist.. I really like those two ideas. "

His face softened, noticing how shy I got when he asked about me.

" Why? "

His eyebrows raised when I asked. A blush covered his face as-well when I looked up at him.

" Huh- Oh! I just— I wanted to know. "

I smiled taking a sip of my coffee, thinking of how long him and I have been best-friends.

Many people have assumed we we're dating but he always denies it, even if we do couple things.

I placed my coffee cup back onto the table, my smile dropping slightly as I realized my feelings towards him possibly couldn't be reciprocated.

" Whats wrong? "

He muttered, reaching his hand across the table for me to hold it. I held his hand, the warmth of his skin making my head go fuzzy.

" I'm just wondering if we'll still be friends after high-school. I-I've always had a rough time handling things like that. "

I admitted, accidentally putting a emphasis on the word " friends." His hand suddenly let go of mine and he reached over to cup my face.

" Of course we'll still be friends, Y/n. I wouldn't leave you for anything, I promise. "

I smiled softly, leaning into his touch.

" Thank you, Gohan. "

I watched as Gohan slowly slipped away from me. It got to the point where he'd go days without talking to me.

His attention constantly on Videl nowadays.. he promised me.

I sat alone in the café, in the exact spot where he promised me. I sighed, staring out the window. The sound of the soft rain hitting the window and the song;

Heavenly
Cigarettes After Sex

coming from my headphones being the only thing comforting me as I held tears back.